British Museum for Kids & Families Semi-Private Tour
This 2.5 hours Small Group British Museum Tour for kids and families is a must for those visiting London with children. With in excess of 8 million exhibits the British Museum has the largest collection in the world, tracing human life from its very beginnings.
With our professional kid-friendly guide you will be sure to see all of the museum’s most famous artefacts: the Elgin Marbles from the Parthenon in Athens; the Rosetta Stone; Ginger the Egyptian mummy; the Sutton Hoo treasure; the Vidandola Tables; the Lewis Chessmen and much more!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - The British Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
Your guide will meet you just outside the museum to commence this fun and engaging 2.5 hours Small Group British Museum Tour for Kids and Families. You will see an unforgettable slice of this astonishing collection which spans 6000 years of human history.
It is impossible to see everything but we will ensure all the family has a memorable experience learning about ancient civilizations and great empires.
Of course, you have to visit the Egyptology section which has one of the most comprehensive ranges of Egyptian artefacts in Europe, including the 5400 years old mummy Ginger, as well as the stunning statue of Ramses II.
You will also learn a little about the Rosetta Stone and the part it has played in helping to decipher ancient hieroglyphics. You will then travel back in time to ancient Greece to see the sculptures from the Parthenon in Athens and then on to marvel at the magnificent treasure found at a medieval burial site in Sutton Hoo.
Our professional guide will regale you with anecdotes and stories and use a range of learning tools and activities to ensure you and the kids have an educational but fun experience.
You will love this tour!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :The British Museum, Great Russell St, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 3DG, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a shared tour in which more than one family may participate (max 12 people)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.