Brunei Proboscis Monkey River Safari with Exclusive Water Village Tour
Enjoy the scenic views of Brunei's Capital City on your one hour boat ride, your tour guide will provide full commentary throughout the whole boat ride. Passing by the largest residential palace in the world- Istana Nurul Iman, cruising into the mangrove world and catch a glimpse of the Proboscis Monkey! Observe local living on water and visit a home in water village.This tour includes pick-up and drop-off services to and from your hotel.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Water taxi fees
- Light refreshment
- Local English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle on seat-in-coach basis
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned above in inclusions.
- Tour starts with pick-up from your hotel and transfer to the boat jetty in the capital. Hop on board a local wooden boat with an open deck and cruise along Brunei River, passing the Water Village (translates to Kampung Ayer in Malay), and catch a glimpse of the Capital city on boat. This experience provides you two contrasting aspects of Brunei, one is the modern developing capital city of Brunei and on the other side of the river, you will see the nostalgic serenity of the biggest Malay Water Village in the world.
While cruising, you will pass by the biggest residential palace in the world – Istana Nurul Iman, the official residence of His Majesty The Sultan of Brunei.
Not long after passing the Royal palace, we still start to cruise slowly down the mangrove river where you get to witness the wonders of the mangrove world with a plethora of wildlife. You will have a chance to witness the mudskipper hopping around on the muddy river banks searching for food. If you are lucky, you can even see the blue throated and the small red kingfishers in search for small fishes as their prey! White egret and night heron can also be sighted during this tour.
We will make a few stops in the mangrove forest to too out for any presence of the Proboscis Monkey, which usually comes near to the water in the early morning and dusk time. This odd looking monkey can only be found on the Island of Borneo and Sumatera of Indonesia. What makes Brunei the most suitable location to see Proboscis Monkey is that, we do not have to travel far in the jungle just to catch a glimpse of them. Normally, we can see at least five to ten families of around 20 monkeys per family in one sighting.
After the river safari, you will have a chance to visit a local house in Kampung Ayer where you can the daily live-hood of people living on water. You can also get a chance to taste the traditional "kueh" at the local village.
The tour ends with transfer back to your hotel.
Departure Point :All hotels located in Bandar Seri Begawan city and Jerudong area
Hotel In Jerudong - 7.00am & 3.00pm Hotel in Bandar - 7.30am & 3.30pm Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Return Detail :Original pickup location
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please refer to http://www.mofat.gov.bn/general-information#close for information regarding visas.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required for Seat-In-Coach rates to apply.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Bookings for above 15 people can be accepted upon request. (different rates apply, please contact us directly for more information)
- Tours can be conducted in small groups (private basis) with additional costs.
- Pick-up from airport or other locations can be arranged with applicable charges.
- All attractions will be closed on the first to third day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri Celebration. (Dates are subject to changes)
- Tours will depart in the morning only during fasting month. (Ramadan) (2018 fasting month starts from 15th May for a month)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.