Brunelleschi’s Dome Guided Tour
Enjoy reserved access to the Duomo Cupola - one of the tallest vantage points of Florence and an icon of the city.
With the help of a licensed professional guide, learn fascinating facts about the Duomo Cupola and climb to its top.
Small group size to ensure a semi-private and engrossing experience.
Enjoy unlimited time inside the Duomo and its museum after your 1-hour guided tour of the Cupola.
per adult from
What's included :
- Reserved entry to the Duomo
- Access to climbing the cupola
- Professional guide (only for Cupola)
- Entry/Admission - Cupola del Brunelleschi
What's excluded :
- Professional guide (Dome, Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell Tower, and the museum)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Duomo - Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, Via della Canonica, 1 Piazza del Duomo, 50122, Florence Italy
Visit the Duomo, the majestic Renaissance basilica that towers over the city of Florence. Climb to the top of the cupola to get spectacular views of the city and pick up fascinating facts about the cupola's history. After the tour, feel free to explore the interiors of the Duomo and the Opera museum before heading home.
Stop At: Cupola del Brunelleschi, Piazza del Duomo Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, 50122, Florence Italy
Once you’ve met your guide, you will be led past the ticket line and the group will head straight for the Duomo Cupola. The climb to the Cupola and the unparalleled views of the city from the top are the highlights of this experience. Built by Filippo Brunelleschi, this red dome was the largest in the world in its time and soon became a symbol of Florence. Throughout your tour of the Duomo Cupola, you will be accompanied by a licensed English-speaking guide who will share fascinating insights about the Cupola, the Duomo and its jaw-dropping architecture. From your unique vantage point at the Cupola, you will be able to see the entire city of Florence. This trip to the top of the Duomo includes a 463-step climb to the top. On your way up, you will also get to marvel at the stunning Duomo interiors, including a chance to see Vasari's Last Judgment up close. While inside the Cupola, your guide will also give you first-hand information about the Cathedral which you can easily spot from inside the Cupola or from the access entrance itself.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- When visiting the Florence Duomo, please ensure that the knees and shoulders are covered for both men and women. Caps and hats should not be worn inside as well
- The climb to the top of the cupola takes 463 steps with no elevator access. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not accessible for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Basilica.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.