Bucharest by bike
Enjoy the stories of 'Little Paris' in a 2-3 hour bike tour.
In the decades since the ’89 Revolution, Bucharest capital city has reinvented itself as a confident and cosmopolitan capital. It has developed a unique personality which has given rise to its own special way of doing things. With chatty locals, great museums, green areas or forgotten industrial places, amazing cafés and restaurants and the overwhelming People’s Palace, we prepare you for a great experience by bike.
We have seen the city is changing and progressing, from an old communist town with infrastructure and social problems to a lively European city. We know how much our tourists appreciate to discover the architectural influences, the green quiet areas, the shadows of terraces or the unique stories of this part of Europe. So we have prepared a special tour by bike to show you the old and the new, the good and the bad, the historical and the modern part of the city.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
The last megalomaniac communist project of Nicolae Ceausescu.
Pass By: Peasant Museum (Muzeul Taranului Roman), Soseaua Kiseleff 3, Sector 1, Bucharest Romania
The National Museum of the Romanian Peasantdisplays collections of textiles, icons, ceramics, and other artifacts of Romanian peasant life
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
The location marks the end of the communist regime in December1989.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Herastrau Park, B-dul Aviatorilor, Bucharest Romania
King Michael I Park, formerly Herăstrău Park, is the largest park in Bucharest
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Bucharest Romania
Bucharest’s grand Old Town is home to Vlad the Impaler’s former court at Curtea Veche, now an open-air museum of excavated medieval ruins, and the National Museum of Romanian History showing religious icons and royal treasures in a former palace. Shops sell local wines and beaded jewelry, while elegant restaurants in 19th-century buildings serve traditional dishes.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Palatul Regal/Royal Palace, Calea Victoriei 49-53, Bucharest Romania
royal dynasty symbol, now the art gallery
Pass By: Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman), Str. Franklin 1, Bucharest Romania
One of the most beautiful buildings in the city, a symbol of the country.
Pass By: Sala Palatului, 28, Ion Campineanu street 010039, Bucharest Romania
Communist " modern" architecture
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe, Şoseaua Pavel D. Kiseleff nr. 32, București 011343, Romania
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.