Bucharest Heritage City Tour - The Last Days of Communism
Join this small-group trip through Bucharest to learn about the “great accomplishments of the golden era” and to hear the story of people who built it. You will see the first communist building in Bucharest, the Revolution Square with the balcony where the dictator gave his last speech in December 1989, the ambitious “House of People” and the former residence of the presidential couple.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English speaking tour leader
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi on board
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- Entry/Admission - Ceausescu Mansion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
Standard tour inside.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
There will be a stop to learn about the history of the place, see the balcony from where Ceausescu had his last speech and some time for photos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Constitution Square, Bucharest Romania
There will be a stop to learn the history of this place and some time for pictures.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ceausescu Mansion, Bulevardul Primaverii No.50 District 1, Bucharest 011975 Romania
Standard tour in English.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: House of the Free Press, 1, Piata Presei Libere, Bucharest Romania
Pass By: Triumph Arch, Piata Arcul de Triumf, Bucharest Romania
Pass By: Victoriei Street, Bucharest Romania
Pass By: Unirii Square, Bucharest Romania
Pass By: Piata Universitatii, Bucharest Romania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from hotels or addresses in the city of Bucharest
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport or original ID card is required on the day of travel
- The exact times for the visits to the Parliament Palace and Primaverii Palace are decided by these institutions only (based on their scheduled groups) and it is out of our control; Therefore the tour may take more or less than the specified duration.
- The visits are not guaranteed as these institutions are sometimes closed for Meetings and Conferences
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- From March to October as well as December 16 to January 6, at least 4 people are required for this activity to take place.
- Most travelers can participate
- From January 7 to February 29 and November 1 to December 15, at least 2 people are required for this activity to take place.
- If the minimum number of people is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.