Bucharest Jewish Heritage Private Tour
Explore Jewish heritage on a private walking tour in Bucharest!
Your local guide will accompany you to the former Jewish quarter, an area of Bucharest so rich in monuments and history. The old Jewish neighborhood has beautiful 19th century temples and synagogues, hosting interesting museums that cover the history of the Jewish community in Romania.
The tour starts and ends in the heart of the city (Old Town), right in front of the Starbucks from the Manuc Inn (Hanul lui Manuc).
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private tour
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Optional coffee & pastries break
- Entry/Admission - Great Synagogue
- Entry/Admission - The Choral Temple
- Entry/Admission - Jewish Museum Bucharest
- Entry/Admission - Teatrul Evreiesc de Stat
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Synagogue, 11 Adamache Street, Bucharest Romania
During the tour we will visit the interior of the Great Polish Synagogue.
We will have time for pictures of the beautiful interior and explanations about the history of the synagogue.
Travelers will have 15 minutes free time to cover the exhibition present in the synagogue (about the Holocaust in Romania).
Entrance fee/donation: 5 lei/person
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Choral Temple, Strada Sfânta Vineri 9-11, București 030167, Romania
Interior visit of the Choral Temple - main active synagogue in Bucharest.
Entrance fee: 15 lei/person
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jewish Museum Bucharest, Strada Mămulari 3, București 030167, Romania
Holy Union Temple - hosting the History and Culture Museum of the Jewish Community in Romania. Entrance fee/donation: 5 lei/person
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Teatrul Evreiesc de Stat, Strada dr. Barasch Iuliu nr. 15, Bucharest 030791 Romania
The Jewish State Theater is a cultural historic landmark, a unique venue hosting plays in Yiddish and Jewish cultural events.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Starbucks, Strada Franceză 62, București 030167, Romania
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Dress code is smart casual and comfortable walking shoes
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.