Bucharest Old Town and Calea Victoriei Private Walking Tour
Discover from a passionate local guide Bucharest’s amazing journey from a medieval fortification into a Belle Epoque city and how it was then mutilated by a gruesome dictatorship. On this 3-hour walking tour, you will go to the main landmarks in Bucharest and hear its amazing tales: from the gory times when Dracula was roaming the streets of Bucharest to the devastating communist regime led by the dictator Nicolae Ceausescu.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tourist map of Bucharest
- Traditional Romanian souvenir
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Parliament
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palace of Parliament, Strada Izvor 2-4, Bucharest 050711 Romania
We will start in Bucharest’s biggest square – Piata Unirii from where we can see the Palace of the Parliament. Here the life of 50.000 people dramatically changed in the 80’s, when the Dictator Nicolae Ceausescu decided to build the Palace of the Parliament. We will admire the wide avenue leading to the colossal palace and hear the story of the biggest destruction of a city in times of peace.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Town, Bucharest Romania
Next, we will walk in the Old Town of Bucharest, on the steps of the most gruesome character in history – Vlad Dracula and discover his forgotten fortress. In the nearby caravanserai, Manuc’s Inn, an impressive former commercial settlement, learn how Bucharest evolved at the merger between two different worlds: the East and the West. Later, we will take you to find an eclectic mix of buildings like the National Bank of Romania, the Stavropoleos Monastery and the Villacrosse Passage and you will surely be charmed by the lively atmosphere in this quarter.
During the walk in the Old Town, there will be a break at a traditional Romanian place where a drink will be included.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Victoriei Street, Bucharest Romania
Afterwards we will walk on the avenue where kings had their daily strolls - the romantic Calea Victoriei. Superb Belle Epoque structures like the CEC Palace, Grand Hôtel du Boulevard or the University Library can be admired, on the way to the place where both Monarchy and Communism in Romania ended.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Revolution Square (Piata Revolutiei), Calea Victoriei Boulevard, Bucharest Romania
In the imposing Revolution Square you will understand the harsh communism oppression and how much control the totalitarian regime exercised over the locals’ lives. Tales of incredible evolution and achievements, but also about hunger and food rations will be told, topped by images from those times, for a more dramatic effect.
The tour will end with the story of the bloody revolution in December 1989 and the ultimate downfall of the Dictator Nicolae Ceaușescu, witnessing the birth of the democratic Romania.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piața Unirii, București, Romania
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/30/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Revolution Square, Piața Revoluției, București, Romania
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks will be worn by guides and participants in closed public spaces: vehicles, churches, shops, museums, restaurants.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.