Budapest Craft Beer Walk
While the Hungarian craft beer revolution is still in its infancy, it is quickly building momentum and there are home grown brews worth seeking out. Our beer-specialized guide will introduce you to these special beers (as well as to a few more mainstream ones, for comparison’s sake) by taking you to three different bars where he will guide you through the tastings while discussing the past, present, and future of Hungarian beer and the culture surrounding it.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Tastings of minimum 6 beers
- Visit at least 3 pubs
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Taste Hungary, Brody Sandor utca 9 Cellar Entrance, Budapest 1088 Hungary
There is a Hungarian craft beer revolution quietly brewing. You wouldn't know this if you walked into just any bar. Allow our guide to show you to the places which feature more than the typical mass-produced beers. For sure, the revolution is still in its infancy, but it has been steadily gaining over the past several years and there is a growing range of unique, hand crafted Hungarian beer which the beer-loving traveller should seek out. This tour which is led by our beer-specialized guide will include visits to three bars. The first will be a truly local place, which the craft beer revolution has not yet touched, where you will discuss the broader history and culture of Hungarian beer. At the next two places you will taste around eight craft beers in a wide range of styles and flavours. Join us to discover these exciting beers, and hear the stories behind them, while the revolution is still fresh.
You will learn about all facets of Hungarian beer. If you are new to beer, our guide can also discuss the technical aspects of brewing, fill you in on the different styles of beer, and explain what it is that makes beers taste so different from each other. You will taste a range of Hungarian beer. Generally you will taste around eight craft beers, and one or two more mainstream ones for a point of reference. This is a walking tour so you will be getting from bar to bar on foot, so be prepared for some walking, even though most of the tour will be spent at the bars.
Stop At: Budapest, Budapest, Central Hungary
Departure Point :Budapest, Kálvin tér 53, 1053 Hungary
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is available year-round
- This is a small-group tour (minimum of 2 guests and maximum of 8 guests)
- For larger groups please choose the "Group Tour (min. 8 pers.)" option when booking
- If you would like a private tour (which can be customized), please choose the "Private Tour" option when booking
- Moderate walking involved so wear comfortable shoes
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.