Budapest Design Walk
This tour with an Insight Cities urban historian helps you to explore the sophistication and creativity, and the diverse cultural influences that play thorough Budapest's cutting-edge design scene. We focus on the 5th district and vast warehouses such as Magma, a flagship for Hungarian design from jewelry to tableware. Nearby we visit the workshop of Je Suis Belle duo: Tibi and Dalma, fashion designers who graduated from Moma (the prestigious Budapest applied design school) and started their own brand. Closer to the Danube, we visit another great workshop: Tipton eyewear. Its founder started by making glasses frames out of his father's vinyl collection! Heading east, we walk the smaller streets of the 5th district to see several intimate boutiques, then move back to the boulevards to enter Paloma, a courtyard home to some 40 Hungarian designers of all kinds. Our last stop is a Tisza shoes shop. Tisza used to be the shoe brand that everyone wore during Hungary's communist decades.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Magma+ Hungarian Art&Design, 1014 Budapest, Uri street 26-28, Budapest 1014 Hungary
a flagship for Hungarian design from jewelry to tableware
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Budapest, Liszt Ferenc tér 2, 1061 Hungary
Return Detail :Budapest, Petőfi Sándor u. 11, 1052 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.