Budapest Food Walking Tour
Experience Budapest through its many flavours. Walk along unknown streets and visit hidden bars and eateries. Taste award-winning, authentic hand-made chocolate bonbons in the city’s best chocolate manufacturer during the winter season or cool off with a mouth-watering handmade ice-cream in the summer. Learn about Jewish culture during a tasting at a traditional restaurant that specialises in Jewish cuisine. Get a history lesson while enjoying the highlights of Hungarian gastronomy. This small group beer tour is limited to maximum 12 guests.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food tastings at six different locations
- A glass of spritzer (or soft drink)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Central Market Hall, Vamhaz korut, 1-3, Budapest 1093 Hungary
At the Central Market Hall we will see the building itself and also typical Hungarian food products.
Backstreets of downtown:
We will explore the backstreets of downtown where locals live, and where we will see some marks from the largest flood of Budapest.
We will visit a chocolate shop to see their handmade chocolate products.
Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes
Stop At: Public Parking, Budapest, Mátyás u. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
We will visit a park to see locals going about their day, gardens, and flowers.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Red Ruin Bar, Iranyi utca 25, Budapest 1056 Hungary
We will stop in a Ruin Bar to taste some typical Hungarian drinks
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány u. 2, 1074 Hungary
At Dohány Street Synagogue we will stop to view the building from the outside.
At a small local fish restaurant we will stop in for a taste of local fish.
At a local restaurant at the Jewish quarter we will stop to try a Hungarian Jewish dish.
At a local Hungarian restaurant we will taste two typical dishes on what is known as the "Hungarian Broadway."
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Budapest, Andrássy út, Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please make sure you are wearing comfortable walking shoes
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: One of the stops on your food tour works exclusively with smaller farmers in close proximity to Budapest, something that helps to promote sustainable consumption practices.
- Your tour starts in the Great Market Hall, located at the edge of the World Heritage protected area and continues towards the buffer zone of the UNESCO-listed Andrássy Avenue. The Jewish Quarter is situated just next to it and as such, cannot be altered dramatically, which helps to preserve the cultural integrity of the area.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognizes companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.