Budapest Grand Walk
There is much to love about Budapest beyond the cafés, spas and the ruin bars. It is encouraged that all travelers to Budapest devote plenty of time to exploring life in the maze of inner city streets, the elegant late-19th/early-20th century villas on the grand boulevards, the bridges connecting Buda and Pest, and the beautiful Danube promenade which cuts through the center of town. This 4-hour guided walking tour of the city shows you the best of Budapest.
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking, experienced local guide
- A glass of Hungarian sparkling wine to begin the tour
- Coffee break during the tour (one coffee/drink included)
- A few short trips on public transportation (including the continent’s oldest metro line)
- Many stops for photos and questions
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tasting Table Budapest, Brody Sandor utca 9 Corner of Brody Sandor and Szentkiralyi Streets, Budapest 1088 Hungary
Meet your guide at this wine cellar in the Palace district , and start the tour with an aperitif!
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Hungarian National Museum, Muzeum Korut 14-16, Budapest 1088 Hungary
Walking is the best way to explore Budapest, and the only way to truly discover the details hidden among the city’s streets. This 4-hour grand walking tour, led by an experienced local guide, visits a mix of many of the city’s major sights and lesser-known ones which should not be missed. Focusing on the history of the city and the country, this tour covers a large area of the city, squeezing in many places of interest.
In this neighborhood you will see some stunning buildings (many of which have seen better days) including the Hungarian National Radio Building (which was an important site during the 1956 Revolution) and the National Museum.
Pass By: Hungarian State Opera House (Magyar Allami Operahaz), Andrassy ut 22, Budapest 1061 Hungary
We'll pass by the Hungarian State Opera House, a neo-Renaissance building on Andrássy út, designed by Miklós Ybl.
Pass By: Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga), Dohany utca 2-8, Budapest 1074 Hungary
Then briefly check out the neighboring Jewish District, and see the Grand Synagogue (Europe’s largest), the Gozsdu udvar complex, and bustling Király utca.
Pass By: Hungarian Parliament Building, Kossuth Ter 1-3, Budapest 1055 Hungary
We'll admire the neo-Gothic Parliament building, which dominates the Danube bank.
Stop At: St. Stephen's Basilica (Szent Istvan Bazilika), Szent Istvan ter 1, Budapest 1051 Hungary
This Catholic basilica is named in honor of Stephen, the first King of Hungary, whose mummified right hand is housed in the church.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Heroes' Square, Andrassy Avenue Next to City Park in the VI. District, Budapest 1062 Hungary
Hop on continental Europe’s oldest metro line and also stop for a coffee break at a favorite local café. Budapest has layers of history, and this tour will reveal them through the telling of the stories of the buildings and streets, as well as the important players in Hungarian history from kings, dictators, and freedom fighters to architects, writers, and politicians.
Pass By: Szechenyi Lanchid, Budapest 1051 Hungary
Our tour ends near the Chain Bridge (on the Pest side). Cross the bridge to continue your own exploration of the Buda Castle.
Pass By: Gozsdu Udvar, Kiraly utca 13 Dob utca 16, Budapest 1075 Hungary
We'll pass through this complex of seven buildings, and their connected courtyards, in the 7th district. The lively courtyards are full of shops and restaurants.
Pass By: Shoes on the Danube Bank, Id. Antall Jozsef Rkp, Budapest 1054 Hungary
In addition to seeing grand public spaces, you’ll see monuments including the heartbreaking Shoes on the Danube Holocaust memorial and the Soviet Monument. You’ll also learn why there is memorial to characters such as a US major, and Ronald Reagan.
Pass By: Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szechenyi Istvan ter 9, Budapest 1051 Hungary
The Hungarian Academy of Sciences is housed in an elegant neoclassical palace, built in 1865.
Pass By: Stock Exchange Palace, Szabadsag ter, Budapest Hungary
"Liberty" Square is flanked by many beautiful buildings, including the former stock exchange.
Pass By: Liberty Bridge (Szabadsag hid), Vamhaz Korut, Budapest Hungary
Budapest's bridges, linking Buda and Pest, are vital to the city scape, and daily life.
Departure Point :Tasting Table Budapest, Budapest, Cellar entrance, Bródy Sándor u. 9, 1088 Hungary
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Chain Bridge, Budapest, Széchenyi Lánchíd, Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a shared small-group tour (2 - 8 guests). For booking larger groups please choose the 'Group Tour' option when booking
- If you would like a private tour for just your group (which can be customized), please choose the 'Private Tour' option when booking. If you have a preferred neighborhood or theme, please advise local supplier
- 4-hour tour (if you have somewhere else to be afterwards, please let your guide know at the beginning of the tour as it can stretch on for more than four hours if you are not in a rush)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, comfortable shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers of 2 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.