Budapest Hammer & Sickle Communist Tour with Cafe Stop
Journey through Hungary’s fascinating communist history on this in-depth historical walking tour of Budapest. Over the course of three hours, your expert guide will immerse you in Hungary’s turbulent past filled with victories, failures and struggles, from the rule of Big Brother to the fall of the Iron Curtain and everything in between. Visit the area surrounding the Hungarian Parliament Building and hear stories about WWI, WWII, the Hungarian Revolution of 1956 and the collapse of the Soviet Union as you walk the streets of Budapest and visit a private exhibition hall to see glimpses of daily life and witness the communist propaganda people once lived under.
Go back to the good old times when we drove Trabants, drank spirits at work, lived in block flats, stood in Banana Lines, had two passports, coupon books, no TV on Mondays and no freedom of speech! Experience the build up to 1956 uprising, follow the marches, re-live the battles, hear the stories!
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking guide
- Cafe stop with snack
What's excluded :
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Hungarian Parliament Building
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Absolute Tours, Lazar utca 16. Just behind the Opera House, Budapest 1065 Hungary
Meeting point of the tour, introduction to Hungary's history. Relics, maps, old passports..etc are displayed
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Szabadsag Ter, Budapest 1054 Hungary
Visit to the Soviet Memorial and guests will learn about 1956 Revolution and WWII
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Hungarian Parliament Building, Kossuth Ter 1-3, Budapest 1055 Hungary
At the Parliament the guests will learn what had happened on the site during the 1956 revolution against the Soviet regime
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Budapest, Lázár u. 16, 1065 Hungary
Return Detail :Budapest, 5th district of Budapest, 1051 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Group size is maximum 10 people per departure. Mask is compulsory indoors. No need of mask outdoors when social distance measures of 1.5 meters are kept. No headphones provided, the guide keeps distance but will not wear a mask outdoors. Please have your own mask and hand sanitizer during the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.