Budapest Jewish Heritage Walking Tour
Dive into Budapest’s fascinating Jewish history, culture and heritage on a walking tour led by a local guide. With one of the largest Jewish communities in Middle and Eastern Europe, Budapest is full of historic Jewish quarters, memorials and synagogues, each with their own unique story and significance. Visit the Jewish Museum, Dohány Street Synagogue, Raul Wallenberg Holocaust Memorial Park, the old Jewish quarter, Kazinczy Street Synagogue and more while learning about Hungary's complicated Jewish history over the centuries. A choice of times are available when booking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Cake at a kosher bakery or 10% discount card (Grand Tour only)
- Entrance to the Great Synagogue
- Entrance to the Kazinczy Street Synagogue (Grand Tour only)
- Entry/Admission - Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga)
- Entry/Admission - Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Budapest Jewish Heritage Tours, Zrinyi Street 5 Duna Palota, Budapest Hungary
Follow the footprints of the Hungarian Jewry with our well-informed guide
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Great / Central Synagogue (Nagy Zsinagoga), Dohany utca 2-8, Budapest 1074 Hungary
First, we will visit the Dohány Street Synagogue (interior visit), which is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives, Dohany u. 2, Budapest 1075 Hungary
You also get a local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, where you see the Hungarian Jewish heritage through a unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe, and the rich tradition of Judaism, its holidays and everyday life. A separate room commemorates the Hungarian Holocaust.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Gozsdu Udvar, Kiraly utca 13 Dob utca 16, Budapest 1075 Hungary
Only with Grand tour option! Pass by the thriving Gozsdu passage.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Carl Lutz Memorial, Dob utca 10, Budapest 1072 Hungary
Only with Grand tour option! During our journey we visit the Memorial Park dedicated to Carl Lutz.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kazinczy Street Synagogue, VII. Kazinczy Street 29-31, Budapest 1075 Hungary
Grand tour only! Explore the main synagogue of the Hungarian Orthodox Jewry. It is one of the largest operating orthodox synagogues in Europe, built in art-nouveau style. At the end of the tour, you have two options: you can accept our invitation to have a cake in the glatt kosher Fröhlich confectionery or you can receive 10% discount in the glatt kosher Carmel restaurant.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Hungaria Koncert, Zrinyi Street 5. Duna Palota, Budapest 1051 Hungary
Meeting point at the Herzl Tivadar sqr.
Departure Point :Dohány Street Synagogue, Budapest, Dohány u. 2, 1074 Hungary
Return Detail :1: Raoul Wallenberg Holocaust Memorial Park, Budapest, Síp u. 10, 1075 Hungary
2: Budapest, Dob u. 22, 1072 Hungary
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.