Budapest: Personalised Half Day With A Local
Ditch the guidebook and get ready to see the real Budapest! Explore the city as you would if you were staying with a friend who lived there and in just half a day you’ll discover the best of the Hungarian capital as you visit famous attractions and discover hidden gems. See the city’s highlights or explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood, get oriented and immerse yourself in the culture, getting a taste of Budapest’s rich cultural history with a local by your side who’ll show you an authentic side of this enchanting city. Soak up the culture, taste the cuisine as you stop for a bite to eat or a few beers and discover another side to Budapest’s diverse personality.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 4 hours with a Local Host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Buda Castle, Szent Gyorgy Ter, Budapest 1014 Hungary
Every experience is private and personalized. Your local host will plan an itinerary for you based on your interests and on the other activities you have planned for your trip. The host might suggest starting your itinerary at Buda Castle. This is a great place to learn about Hungarian history as well as to see the city from above and get some general orientation.
Pass By: Halaszbastya, Szentharomsag Ter, Budapest 1014 Hungary
You can choose to swing by the Fishermen's Bastion. We recommend visiting this attraction in your own time if you wish and your host can help you to book tickets and give you more recommendations on things to do and see during your stay. There are many classical music and jazz concerts, opera, etc that run all year round and you can ask your host to help you find the best ones and get these booked.
Pass By: Matthias Church, Budapest, Szentháromság tér 2, 1014 Hungary
Check out this beautiful church which is so unique in style and history. Ask your host to take a postcard perfect picture of you in front of the church!
Pass By: Szechenyi Lanchid, Budapest 1051 Hungary
Descend towards the Danube and cross the iconic 1800s suspended Chain Bridge. Learn about the history and legends behind it, and what makes the Lanchid one of the most important bridges in the whole of Europe. Tip! Ask your host to tell you about the tongues of the lions.
Departure Point :Budapest, Clark Ádám tér, Hungary
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/25/2019 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.