Buddhist Art Tour _ Murals and Painting in Jogyesa Temple
As 1000 years of Buddhist history in Korea, Buddhism is an essence of Korean culture to understand its people. Buddhist arts and paintings are the key to understand Korean Buddhism. Jogyesa and Central Buddhist Museum are two major places to visit for this tour. Jogyesa Buddhist Temple is the head of Jogye sect which is main sect of Korean Buddhism and located in heart of Seoul. Jogyesa Temple has beautiful paintings and murals on the wall. They present the life of Buddha and symbols of Buddhism.This tour focus on painting in the main hall and murals outside of the main building. All murals and paintings are painted by hand. Especially murals were drawing top of the old murals. It is living cultural heritage. And interior of the main hall, behind the main Buddha Statues, there are beautiful paintings which represent Buddha's World. Sophisticated paintings are telling lots of things about Buddhism, doctrine and philosophy. I invite you to Buddha's World of Arts.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jogyesa Temple, 45 Gyeonji-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-170 South Korea
Meet your guide at the main gate of Jogyesa Temple. Check for the name of participants and start tour of Jogyesa and murals.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Central Buddhist Museum, 45, Gyeonji-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul South Korea
Central Buddhist Museum is the living history of Korean Buddhism and Buddhist arts, paintings, documents and records.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :조계사 일주문, 46-1 Gyeonji-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.