Buddhist Spiritual and Pilgrimage Tour Nepal - 8 days
Lumbini is the capital of the Buddhism and this is where its founder was born in this teeming district based in the lowlands of Nepal. The birthplace of the Buddha is also a UNESCO declared world heritage site. The remains of this once-upon-a-time ancient kingdom can still be seen in its best preserved form.
• A pilgrimage sightseeing tour
• Lumbini, the holy place where Buddha was born
• A visit to Medieval Bhaktapur and the historical city of Patan
• Well Known Kopan monastery
• Some natural beauty and lovely landscapes
• Dhulikhel known for its traditional crafts and old ancient houses.
• Short hiking to the famous Namobuddha
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip flights (Kathmandu / Lumbini / Kathmandu)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The Buddha left the universe at the age of 85 years but his teachings still beckon the faithful where his disciples who took up the mantle of his holy order still call upon the faithful to live by the doctrines of the Buddha. Visitors will also stumble upon a large stone pillar erected by the Indian emperor Ashoka in 250 BC to commemorate the birth of the Buddha. The pillar still stands where it was built till this day with much of the gardens are surrounded by a lot of greenery with stupas and ancient monasteries that nestle in the quiet environs of this sacred area as you see a stone structure of Buddha’s mother holding on to a tree while giving birth to the Buddha. Your meditation saga begins with a tour to the Swayambhunath stupa (also known as monkey temple) and then you will head down to the sleepy little town of Dhulikhel known for its traditional crafts and old ancient houses.
You will also do a little hike to the famous Namobudha in Dhulikhel and go further on to visit medieval Bhaktapur and the historical city of Patan famous for its intricately carved masterpieces of Hindu temples and Buddhist monuments that are simply wonderful to watch. The curtain falls on this holy saga to Lumbini in the southern part of Nepal. You will also visit the well known Kopan monastery for some quiet meditation if you feel like it and also attend a spiritual workshop if the desire is there; you will truly enjoy the surroundings of this calm area in the midst of some natural beauty and lovely landscapes that can be viewed from this serene monastery. And this is where our tour will conclude in the quiet and peace of perfectly sublime surroundings.
Day 01 : ARRIVAL KATHMANDU [1350m]
Day 02 : DAY HIKE TO NAMOBUDHA [1750m]
Day 03 : KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING TOUR
Day 04 : FLY: KATHMANDU / BHAIRAHAWA AND DRIVE TO LUMBINI
Day 05 : FLY: LUMBINI / KATHMANDU
Day 06 : VISIT KOPAN MONASTERY [1500m]
Day 07 : KATHMANDU
Day 08 : FINAL DEPARTURE
Departure Point :Kathmandu Suite Home / Nepal Hiking Pvt. Ltd.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.