Buenos Aires The dark years of the Dirty War
Learn of Argentinas past in the company of an English speaking guide who will take you on a journey through this dark period of Argentinas history. Visit the park of memory to learn of the thousands that disappeared under the brutal dictatorship of the 70s and 80s.
visit the ESMA centre which was run by the navy and was one of the most notorious torture and dissapearance centres.
We will also visit the cemetery of Recoleta and see the Plaza de Mayo where the mothers of the disappeared have marched every Thursday since 1977. The tour will finish with a relaxed visit to the Caminito in La Boca.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bosques de Palermo, Av Del Libertador & Dorrego y Figueroa Alcorta Palermo, Buenos Aires 1425 Argentina
The Rose gardens of Palermo are the jewel in the crown of the park system of Buenos Aires and represent the glory years of Argentina.
Before the Great Depression of 1929 knocked Argentina off track and brought about the rise of populism and Jaun Peron.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Parque de la Memoria, Avenida Costanera Norte Rafael Obligado 6745, Buenos Aires Argentina
The park is dedicated to the thousands of people murdered by the dictatorship during the Dirty War. I will take you through the history of this very dark history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Espacio Memoria y Derechos Humanos ex Esma, Av. Del Libertador, 8151, Buenos Aires 1046 Argentina
The navy training school where thousands were tortured then murdered. We will see where the prisoners were detained and tortured before being sedated and thrown to their deaths from military planes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cemiterio de Recoleta, Junin 1760, Buenos Aires C1113 Argentina
The main cemetery of the elites of Argentina including Evita Peron.
The most remarkable graveyard you will ever visit. Where the Argentine elites compete even in death to show who had the most money.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Mayo, Av. Hipolito Yrigoyen S/N, Buenos Aires Argentina
We will visit the Plaza De Mayo in the heart of the city.See where the mothers of the Plaza de Mayo march weekly to remember their missing youngsters that disappeared in the 70's and 80's.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: La Boca, Avda Almirante Brown, Buenos Aires Argentina
We will visit the colourful Caminito area and see the Tango dancers.
This will be a place to shop for souvenirs and stop for a drink and something to eat.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Hotels apartments ports or airports.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.