Bull Shark Dive in Playa del Carmen - 2-tanks - Seasonal (Nov-March)
A breath taking experience that will put you face to face with beautiful bull sharks.
You'll have the chance to swim with 8 or more sharks; most of them are pregnant females that every winter show up in the area to give birth... a unique experience with which to appreciate the majesty and perfection of nature and contribute at their protection with the Saving our Sharks project.
per adult from
What's included :
- Boat ride
- Tanks and weights
What's excluded :
- Rental full dive equipment, dive computer 20 USD
- Saving Our Sharks donation 5 USD
- Note: If you want to depart from Sandos Hotel, there is a12 USD boarding fee
- Underwater pictures
These 2 dives offer the chance to observe closely the Caribbean Bull Sharks as they hover through the sandy bottom in about 70 feet/23 mt of clear water… Many of the Playa bull sharks are female, several are pregnant and some have even birthed their puppies while in the area. This is currently the only known bull shark aggregation along Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula. So if you are a shark lover you can’t miss this chance…!!! We can’t guarantee the sharks as they part of marine life but usually during the winter the numbers of sights are very high.
The meeting time is at 8 a.m. at the dive centre where you'll do the paperworks and prepare the equipment or to fit it in case you'll rent it. After a detailed briefing you'll board just few meters far from the dive shop: 5 minutes navigation are the distance of the shark point the first dive site. A drift dive will bring you on a sandy bottom where the sharks use to come; a unique manner to observe this animals in their environment, a dive in which appreciate nature and her perfection. After an interval surface our second shallower dive (36 feet/12 mt ) will be over a coral reef where is still possible en extra encounter.
• Scuba Libre, Calle 4 Between 5ta. Av & Z. Fed. Maritima, Playa del Carmen 77710 Mexico
Departure Point :Scuba Libre Scuba Diving Playa del Carmen Riviera Maya, Calle 4 Norte Mz. 3 Entre 5ta avenida y la playa, Centro, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be a certified diver to participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.