Bus day trip Holland Windmill -Zaanse Schans, Marken and Volendam from Amsterdam
In this tour you will discover the charm of the famous villages of Volendam, Marken, and Edam located just a few kilometers from Amsterdam. Discover the famous Zaanse Schans mills, exclusively in English.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide
- City tips
- Bus round-trip with A/C
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Museum entrance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
It is the closest town to Amsterdam, an authentic open-air museum. The image we see today, with the windmills of Zaanse Schans, responds to the industry that developed in the Zaan region during the 17th and 18th centuries. Here oil, paint, mustard or paper was produced.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Edam, Edam, North Holland Province
Edam was known to be one of the most important port cities in the north of the Netherlands. Its geographical situation, facing the sea, led to the development of trade that brought great economic power to the town.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Volendam, Volendam, North Holland Province
We will reach Volendam, a fishing village of small colorful houses and original shops. We will enjoy an aperitif in a cheese factory where we will taste the most typical product from the Dutch farm. You will also have the opportunity to sweeten the day with a demonstration of stroopwafles, the delicious waffle dough cookies filled with caramel. Who can resist the temptation of cheese and stroopwafles? .
In Volendam you will enjoy free time for lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Marken, Marken, North Holland Province
Finally we will arrive at Marken, a spectacular peninsula located on the IJsselmeer lake. Together with our guides we will let ourselves be carried away by a village of fishermen's houses and dream gardens facing the sea. One of the houses is still an old traditional clog workshop where we will know how they are made and we will even try them on!
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel NH Collection Amsterdam Barbizon Palace, Prins Hendrikkade 59-72, 1012 AD Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Lovers Canal Cruises, Stationsplein 14, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive at the meeting point a few minutes before the scheduled departure time
- You will receive the confirmation at time of booking
- Our guides have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 2.5 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- No meals are included but your guide will be happy to point you some great food spots
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.