Delhi is an ancient city. Relics of the Painted Grey Ware culture, which lasted from 1100 BC to 350 BC, have been found in the city. However, modern Delhi is thought to date from the 8th Century AD, when the Rajput Tomars founded a city that they called Lal Kot. Successive rulers – the Chauhans, the Sultans and the Mughals – fought over and claimed Delhi for their own, founding a series of seven great cities, all in the same geographical area. When Delhi became the capital of the Raj, the British created an eighth city of broad roads and impressive public buildings.
Some of these eight cities are popular tourist attractions, while others are lost cities, hidden in small villages.We have put together an insightful and fascinating tour of these cities, to give you a glimpse not just into history, but into the very essence of Delhi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- After your breakfast at hotel, your tour guide will pick you up in hotel lobby then head to Old Delhi for the magnificent Jama Masjid, India’s largest mosque; then a unique glance at local life by an exploration to the bustling local bazaar of Chandni Chowk on rickshaw.
View Red Fort before drive to New Delhi for the tallest stone tower in India, 800-year-old Qutub Minarsurrounded by ancient Hindu and Muslim complex. Continue to Raj Ghat - the cremation sites of Mahatma Gandhi. Drive along the city landmark of India Gate,President's House, Parliament House & Government Secretariat Buildings. Finish today with an insight into the local religion at a colorful Hindu temple- Laxmi Narayan Temple.
Escorted to your hotel by your guide at the end of the day.
Tour Includes :-
Car with A/C, all taxes and Parkings
English Speaking Guide
Packaged water bottles
Tour Excludes :-
Departure Point :At your Location
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.