C. S. Lewis Guided Walking Tour
Explore the living legacy of C. S. Lewis on a guided walking tour of Cambridge, and find out more about the events which brought him to the University, the places he frequented, and the ideas and works which have made him one of the 20th Century’s most celebrated authors.
Depending on group size and college availability, you will be able to enter Magdalene College, where Lewis was a fellow and had his rooms, and also the chapel where he attended services. The tour will visit other sites associated with Lewis, such as G. David Booksellers, a favourite Lewis haunt, and the Mill Lane Lecture Rooms which Lewis used from 1955-1963.
Depending on college availability, the tour may also visit other Cambridge colleges.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance fee to Round Church Visitor Centre
- Entrance fees to colleges visited
- Entry/Admission - The Round Church Visitor Centre
- Entry/Admission - St. John's College
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Round Church Visitor Centre, 9A Bridge Street, Cambridge CB2 1UB England
Walkers meet inside the Round Church Visitor Centre, and you are warmly invited to visit the church and view our Cambridge Story exhibition and 20 minute film before you set out on your C. S. Lewis Walk.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Sidney Sussex College, Sidney St., Cambridge England
Depending on college availability, we will visit Sidney Sussex College.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St. John's College, St. John's St., Cambridge CB2 1TP England
Depending on college availability, we will visit St John's College and chapel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Magdalene College, Magdalene Street, Cambridge CB3 0AG England
Depending on college availability, we will visit Magdalene College, where C. S. Lewis was a fellow and had his rooms, and also see the chapel where he attended Sunday services.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :The Round Church, Round Church Vestry, Bridge St, Cambridge CB2 1UB, UK
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough walkers (2) to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Guides will move swiftly between sights in order to provide a full tour experience: if you require a slower pace, please contact provider to arrange a private walk.
- Not recommend for those with walking problems.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.