Cabo de la Vela and Punta Gallinas Tour: 3-Days and 2-Nights from Riohacha
Visit the northernmost point on the mainland of South America, located in the Guajira Peninsula and one of the extreme points of South America surrounded by the Caribbean Sea. Punta Gallinas (Cape Hens) has impressive scenery of plateaus, dunes and rocky cliffs that emerge from the sea all surrounding Bahía Hondita.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Roundtrip ground transportation
- Food during the tour
- Accommodation in bed with private bathroom, in selected hostels
- Travel insurance
- Transportation to Punta Gallinas
- Visit to tourist sites
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Shopping tour and visit other tourist attractions.
- Services not specified in the plan.
- Entry/Admission - Punta Gallinas
Day 1: Cabo de la Vela
Stop At: Cabo de La Vela, Cabo de La Vela, La Guajira Department
Departure from Santa Marta at 4:30 am or Riohacha at 08:00 am to Uribia, considered the indigenous capital of Colombia.
Finally you will reach Cabo de la Vela at 1:00 p.m. approximately where you will enjoy a delicious lunch and also a well-deserved rest at the beautiful beach of this Cabo. You will visit the most iconic places of this area such as: El Pilón de Azúcar, El Faro, La Montaña Sagrada, El Desierto de la Ahuyama and Playa Dorada where you will enjoy a refreshing bath before heading to Pilón de Azúcar where you will enjoy a unique sunset. Finally we will return to a Ranchería to have a delicious dinner and rest for our second day of adventure.
Accommodation included: Overnight in a Ranchería
Day 2: Punta Gallinas
Stop At: Punta Gallinas, Carrera 5 3a 02, Uribia Colombia
At around 5:00 a.m. you will begin your journey towards Punta Gallinas to have breakfast there and visit the most iconic parts of the area such as El Faro (Lighthouse) which is the northernmost point of South America, el Mirador, los oasis and Taroa desert, where you could enjoy the sand dunes.
You will have lunch at the Ranchería Wayúu where you will spend your second night.
Accommodation included: Overnight at Ranchería Wayúu
Day 3: Final Day
Stop At: Uribia, Uribia, La Guajira Department
Our way back starts at 6:00 a.m. approximately, departing from Bahía Honda going directly to Uribia and do a panoramic tour in what is considered the indigenous capital of Colombia. Finally, our adventure between deserts, beaches and stunning landscapes ends.
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Riohacha, La Guajira, Colombia
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up up in the hotel or house where you are staying in Riohacha.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear walking shoes, sandals, swimsuit, towel, insect repellent, comfortable clothes for 2 days, personal care products, sunscreen and camera.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.