Cabo Mondego: discover this open-air museum from the Jurassic period.
OUTCROP invites you to discover the beauty of the natural heritage of Serra da Boa Viagem and the Natural Monument of Cabo Mondego through the watchful eye of a Geologist.
Being a personalized experience and carried out outdoors, it has, by itself, a lower associated risk.
Between car routes and short walks, we will cover part of the Silver Coast, between Aveiro and Figueira da Foz, ending at Serra da Boa Viagem. We will contemplate breathtaking views over the coast of central Portugal, which will allow us to know the geomorphology and some peculiarities of this coast. We will get to know the geology of this limestone mountain, namely the Cabo Mondego Natural Monument, an authentic Jurassic museum in the open air, where the abundance and diversity of fossils stimulate the curiosity of kids and adults.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Differentiation of prices with the number of travelers
- Geologist Guide
- Sending photos
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Other points of departure and transfers upon prior consultation.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Praia de Mira, Praia de Mira, Coimbra District, Central Portugal
Get to know this typical fishing and tourist village on the Costa de Prata where, a few decades ago, oxen 's joints were still part of the artisanal fishing Arte Xávega.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Praia da Tocha, Rua de Sao Joao 18, Cantanhede 3060-691 Portugal
Passing through another village of fishing origin where the "Palheiros da Tocha", typical buildings of fishermen, are one of the points of attraction.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Serra da Boa Viagem, 3080-571 Quiaios, Portugal
Discover the Serra da Boa Viagem and Cabo Mondego, an authentic open-air Jurassic museum. Contemplate some of the most beautiful panoramic views of the Portuguese coast and know its geology and geomorphology, including the fossils that abound in these places.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Ponte dos Carcavelos, Praceta Ria de Aveiro, 3800-257 Aveiro, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
Depending on the transfer point, an experiment start time will be agreed.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Following the COVID-19 pandemic, we decided to adopt the recommendations of the Clean & Safe certification, which aim to minimize the risk to all participants. Being an outdoor activity, it has, by itself, a lower associated risk.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.