Cacao & Cigars Tour
The tour goes to San Francisco de Macoris where you will visit the "Sendero de Cacao". In the cacao plantation Hacienda La Esmeralda which supplies world-famous chocolate factories, you will have the unique opportunity to experience everything from the cacao bean to the chocolate processing. Of course, a cacao and chocolate tasting are part of the program. A typical lunch will be served during the tour. Afterwards, the tour continues to Tamboril, where you will visit a cigar factory and learn all about tobacco processing. For several years now, the Dominican Republic has passed Cuba in the cultivation and processing of tobacco.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - El Sendero del Cacao
- Entry/Admission - La Aurora Cigar Factory
What's excluded :
- Tips and gratuities for driver or guide
- personal expenses or souvenirs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Sendero del Cacao, Hacienda La Esmeralda Las Pajas, San Francisco de Macorís, República Dominicana, San Francisco de Macoris 31000 Dominican Republic
Expirience the whole process of chocolate production. From the cacao bean to the chocolate processing. A cacao and chocolate tasting are part of the program.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: La Aurora Cigar Factory, Tamboril Free Zone Santigo Tamboril Road, Santiago de los Caballeros 51000 Dominican Republic
Learn about tabacco processing and get an inside view on how dominican cigars are made.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please advise Hotel in Old City District where you are hosted and we will pick you up. If you are in a hotel in the upper town of Santo Domingo a Pick up is possible but on a surcharge.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.