Cacao Plantation and Chocolate Factory Tour- Chocolate Lovers
Enjoy an original Dominican cacao and chocolate tour at our farm La Esmeralda! Visit an organic cacao plantation and learn all the secrets hidden behind quality chocolate. Follow your sense of smell to our chocolate factory, where you will learn about the making of exquisite chocolate and how to make your own chocolate! With this tour you will also learn how to taste a chocolate with all your senses with our expert!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Cup of local hot chocolate
- Transportation if chosen
- Entry/Admission - El Sendero del Cacao
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Sendero del Cacao, Hacienda La Esmeralda Las Pajas, San Francisco de Macorís, República Dominicana, San Francisco de Macoris 31000 Dominican Republic
With your local cacao expert and guide you will learn about each one of the steps in processing high-quality cacao. First you will learn about the sowing process and how to sow your own cacao plant. From there you will learn about the harvesting process, which includes cutting and extraction of the grains in a cacao pod. Finally, you will learn about the post-harvest process including fermentation and drying..
You will also learn about the Dominican Republic ecosystem and how it produces perfect conditions for growing fine cacao which evolves into the best quality chocolate.
After that, you will enter La Esmeralda Chocolate Factory, where you will discover each of the steps in creating a chocolate bar. You’ll also be able to make your own chocolate! With this tour you will also participate in a chocolate tasting where you will learn how to properly taste chocolate with all your senses. Your chocolate expert will guide you through the tasting of several different types of chocolate!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :El Sendero del Cacao, Las Pajas, San Francisco de Macorís 31000, Dominican Republic
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Dress code is smart- no casual clothes (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.