Cacaxtla Archaeological Site and Tlaxcala Day Trip from Puebla
Enjoy a day tour in which you'll visit the archaeological zone of Cacaxtla which was the main seat of the “Olmeca”, also known as the Olmeca Xicalanca. You'll learn its history and admire its murals and then visit the city of Tlaxcala, Capital of the State of Tlaxcala. Here, you'll visit the town hall, learn the history on the murals painted on the Mayor's Palace and visit Nuestra Señora de Ocotlan church. Your tour includes transport and a professional guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- After hotel pickup, head to visit the archeological site of Cacaxtla, one of the best conserved in the country. Admire unique colorful murals painted by Tlaxcaltecas. Learn about what once was the principal seat of the “Olmeca”, also known as the Olmeca Xicalanca. Cacaxtla covers about 180,000 square feet of which only Building B has been fully excavated. This residential area is made up of a labyrinth of rooms, patios, and passageways built around two main plazas oriented on a north-south axis. The architecture copied much of Teotihuacán’s talud-tablero style, together with a ground plan similar to Mayan palaces such as in Palenque.
Admire the frescoes found throughout the palace site and then continue to Tlaxcala, Capital of the State of Tlaxcala where you will visit the main plaza and the Mayor´s Palace to admire the murals in it. You will continue to visit the beautiful Nuestra Señora de Ocotlan Church, a beautiful temple in Mexican Baroque style. In this place, the legend says that the Virgin Mary appeared to and Indian at dusk of a day already approaching the spring of 1541.
After a great day of sightseeing, you'll be dropped-off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Puebla
Return Detail :Your hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.