Cagliari: Day Trip to Cave of Neptune
Enjoy this guided day trip in the heart of the cliffside of Capo Caccia, truly a scene of the fairytale underworld of the Cave of Neptune. Departing from Cagliari, the drive is of 2.5hours in a minivan through the amazing Sardinian countryside towards the north of the island. Once at the Caccia Cape, walk through the Cabirol's stairs to reach the caves. Inside the cave, you'll have a 1hour walking tour. It's also possible to choose this itinerary with a boat tour, for this option there will be a stop at Alghero harbor and have a 20 minutes boat tour.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Free wifi on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private Tour (optional)
- Boat Tour (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Grotta di Nettuno
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
Departing from Cagliari, drive for 2.5-hours in a minivan through the amazing Sardinian countryside towards the northwest of the island.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Grotta di Nettuno, Capo Caccia, 07041, Alghero, Sardinia Italy
One of the fascinating natural jewels in the entire Mediterranean basin, the grotto is a veritable geological wonder that attracts over 150,000 visitors per year. It is accessible by sea, leaving the tourist port every day, or on foot via "Escala del Cabirol" ("Billy Goat Stairs'), a set of 660 steps cut into the cliffside. The tour begins at the great room holding the transparent waters of the Lago Lamarmora (Lake Lamarmora), one of the largest saltwater lakes in all of Europe. It is there that Acquasantiera stands ("The Baptismal Font'), an impressive stalagmite that is approximately 2 meters high, at is peak has formed vats, where rainwater collects, thereby creating a precious drinking fountain for birds nesting in the Capo Caccia area.
After a brief descent, you will reach the Sala delle Rovine ("Room of Ruins'), and after this, the Majestic Reggia, which can be found the most evocative area of the cave. Impressive and overwhelming columns arise in this room, almost holding up the ceiling. Among the large flowstone and "scallop' formations stands out the distinctive stalagmite formation known as the Albero di Natale ("Christmas Tree').
The lake comes to an end at a sandy beach known as the Spiaggia dei Ciottolini ("Pebble Beach') because, at one time, it was made up of tiny stones.
After the Reggia, there is Sala Smith ("Smith Room'), where the Grande Organo("Great Organ') can be found, the most massive column in the entire cave.
This room is named after the English captain in the early 1800s, had been one of the first to explore the cave.
After having taken in the small columns that adorn the Sala delle Trine e dei Merletti ("The Lace Room'), the route comes to an end with a view of the Tribuna Della Musica ("The Music Gallery'), an evocative balcony from which you can enjoy the view from above of the Reggia area and the of the Lamarmora Lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Province of Cagliari, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall amusing anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Dress code is smart casual
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from the description and may vary due to management discretion • Please be aware that the caves and the boat tours are subject to weather conditions and may be not available; at management discretion without any further notice • A boat tour from Alghero Port to the Neptune Caves (optional) is also available
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather before the check-in, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund, if the cave closes during the trip the guests can visit one archeological site in the Alghero area.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.