Cagliari: Full-Day Private Tour of Prehistoric Sardinian from Chia
Full-day private tour to discover the prehistoric Sardinian, from the final neolithic to the bronze age visiting necropolis, giant tomb, and nuraghe. Enjoy a typical Sardinian lunch (optional).
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off only for Chia area
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by Jeep
- Jeep Tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Necropoli di Montessu
- Entry/Admission - Nuraghe Arresi
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Lunch - optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bitan - Daily Tours, Via Vittorio Emanuele III 11, 09010, Domus de Maria, Sardinia Italy
With this full-day private tour, you will go through the beautiful panoramic Chia-Teulada coastal road (departing from Chia), already traveled by the ancient Romans and Carthaginian population, passing through little towns like Teulada, Santadi e Villaperuccio. The transfer to the archaeological site takes around 80 minutes.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Necropoli di Montessu, loc. Montessu, 09010 Villaperuccio, Sardinia Italy
You will visit this prehistorical ancient necropolis of about 2 kilometers of extension. The site is made up of two areas: the first one includes the ancient graves called "Domus de Janas" (fairies houses), while the second one is called "Su Congianu."
There are more than 40 tombs of various shapes and sizes. Two of the Domus are especially crucial as they contain Neolithic religious symbols. One has a bull symbol sculpted on the entrance wall, as well as other symbols, including the eyes and breasts of the Goddess Mother and a false door representing the passage to the other world. The other tomb has horns of various shapes, referring to the cult of the bull-god, sculpted into the ceiling and on the step leading to the entrance of the Domus. The pottery found during excavations bears witness to the continued use of the necropolis, in the Final Neolithic and the Recent Aeneolithic up to the Early Bronze Age.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Santadi, Santadi, Province of Carbonia-Iglesias, Sardinia
After you discover the fantastic Giant Tomb, this name given by local people and archaeologists to a type of Sardinian megalithic gallery grave built during the Bronze Age by the Nuragic civilization, they were collective tombs. They can be found throughout Sardinia, with 800 being discovered there.
Before driving to the Nuraghe, a break for the best Sardinian food, you will try a typical Sardinian meal (optional).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nuraghe Arresi, Via del Nuraghe 4, 09010 Sant'Anna Arresi, Sardinia Italy
The Nuraghe is the primary type of ancient megalithic edifice found in Sardinia, developed during the Nuragic Age between 1900 and 730 BCE. Today it has come to be the symbol of Sardinia and its distinctive culture, the Nuragic civilization. More than 7000 nuraghes have been found, though archeologists believe that initially, there were more than 10,000.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chia, Chia, Domus de Maria, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall amusing anecdotes for you before driving you back to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Parcheggio Ombreggiato CTC, Viale del Porto, 09010 Chia CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.