Cagliari in the years of the Baroque Plague: "el castigo de Dios"
During the seventeenth century Sardinia was shocked by the terrible plague of the plague which, from Alghero, quickly reached the main centers of the island, decimating the population and giving life to one of the darkest moments in history. Medicine seemed to have no effect, therefore the inhabitants began to find comfort in the faith, giving life to popular beliefs, new cults and traditions that are still alive today, as in the case of devotion to Sant 'Efisio. Which places, stories and characters of Cagliari are linked to the terrible disease?
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance ticket to the Diocesan and Fossario museum
- Entry/Admission - Il Museo del Duomo di Cagliari
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Il Museo del Duomo di Cagliari, Via del Fossario 5, 09124, Cagliari, Sardinia Italy
We will visit the Diocesan museum and the Fossario
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Palazzo, 09124 Cagliari CA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.