Cagliari Shore Excursion: Experience Tasting
Make the most of your stop in Cagliari and disembark your cruise ship for an exciting shore excursion tour. Visit the Sardinian island and go to one of the best wineries, oil mills, and cheese factory, this is a tasting experience.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Typical products tasting
- Professional guide
- Port pickup
- Private tour (optional)
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free wifi service, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Time flexible to the cruises
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Donori, Donori, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
When you think of Italy, several things probably come to mind, including wine and cheese. Enjoy this tasty day of samples with wine, cheese, and gourmet olive oil!
Meet your local guide at your cruise terminal in Cagliari to begin a wine and cheese tasting delight! You will board your transportation and head out through the beautiful heart of the Sardinian island of Cagliari. Your first stop is Donori, a small municipality that lacks in size but is huge in cheese production! You will learn all about the process involved in the production of cheese from your guided visit (please note that won't be able to enter into the production area). The modern factory produces 500,000 pieces of cheese annually. You will have the opportunity to sample 3 pecorino kinds of cheese and three goat cheeses (30 days, three months aged a minimum of 6 months aged); also, you can shop in the factory store.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Serdiana, Serdiana, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
Serdiana, an area situated on gently rolling land that is rich in tradition as well as magnificent olive groves, fields, and vineyards. The land has produced bread, oil, and wine for centuries. You will have approximately an hour and a half to enjoy a visit to the best winery in the southern part of Sardinia. You will taste two white wines and two reds. To further please your palate, fine cheeses, and cured meat with accompanying the wine samples. Before leaving, you will be able to spend some time shopping at the winery’s store where you can take advantage of a significant discount on any purchases.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dolianova, Dolianova, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
Dolianova, which means "place of oil," is famous for its olive oil. You will spend about an hour and a half in the oil mills, learning how to recognize an excellent olive oil along with tasting the olives, oils, homemade wine, and other local fares.
At the end of your visit to Dolianova, you will board your transportation. As you drive back to your Cagliari cruise terminal, your knowledgeable guide will share even more of his expertise with you, along with amusing anecdotes. If you love wine and cheese, you really should not pass up this incredible adventure.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Calata Azuni, Cagliari CA, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- We are flexible to the cruise ship docking time, but your cruise must docking maximum till 9AM, if your cruise docks later we also have the afternoon tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- If the tour starts late or encounters delays, for any reason, we will shorten the tour to return our guest to the cruise port by the scheduled time. There are no critical portions of the tour operated by third parties which could result in the inability to return to port on time.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.