Cagliari Shore Excursion: Sa Spendula Hiking Waterfalls
In this private tour, take a beautiful journey along one of the most picturesque forest of Sardinia, visit the little town of Villacidro and enjoy "Sa Pichetada" the sardinian typical picnic.
In the central-southern part of Sardinia, deep inside the Medio Campidano area, a constantly spectacular sight is that of one of the highest waterfalls on the Island, in a natural environment of unparalleled beauty.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Flexible time to the cruise
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Province of Cagliari, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
Visit the legendary and spectacular Sa Spendula Waterfalls and enjoy a picnic alongside on this amazing excursion. Visit Villacidro and also Monte Linas Park. Hike to see Piscina Irgas and Muru Mannu waterfalls too. Great adventure for you and your group!
You will take the free transport from your Cagliari cruise pier to the passenger terminal just one minute away where your guide will be waiting for you. You will board your transportation for a short 45-minute ride to town of Villacidro on the beautiful island of Sardinia.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cascata Sa Spendula, Strada per Sa Spendula, 09039 Villacidro, Sardinia Italy
Then it is a brief ride to Sa Spendula ("the cascade") Waterfalls less than a half mile (-1 kilometer) outside of Villcidro. This is a protected area with lush Mediterranean maquis (a type of thick shrubs), holm oak tree forests, and scented undergrowth. It really is a site to behold! The three consecutive drops (or jumps) of water culminate in three natural pools below. The rushing water has carved out the granite rock making for a spectacular sight that all of Sardinia knows and that draws numerous visitors yearly. Poet Gabriele D'Annunzio was a frequent visitor and in 1882, wrote a sonnet dedicated to the falls.
Located within the boundaries of Monte Linas Park, you will enjoy an approximate 2-hours hike where you will not only see Sa Spendula but also the other 2 falls, Piscina Irgas and Muru Mannu, which is the most breathtaking of the three. The falls actually drop swiftly between oaks, strawberry trees, heather, and oleanders! Are there little ones with you on this adventure? If so, they will be sure to enjoy the wooden bridges and the playground that has been built. In total, you will spend about two and a half hours at the falls and will receive a bottle of water and a Sardinian picnic lunch to enjoy in the beautiful surroundings.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: 09039 Villacidro, South Sardinia, Italy
After the picnic, stop at the little town of Villacidro, where we'll visit the ancient washhouse, the building, built-in 1893 on a design by engineer Enrico Pani and due to the metal part from the Florentine foundry of Pignone, has a series of masonry tanks, connected by a water supply pipe and characterized by an inclined plane to facilitate washing clothes. The cover closes a C-shaped plan with pavilions adorned with fake openings, always metallic, and it is required above all for the sinuous and enveloping movement of the supporting decorations, according to the principles of Liberty. Of the stone source remains one of the masks used as a torch for the water, while figures of squatted lions symmetrically arranged on the real source have disappeared. Its unique design was highlighted by the carved stone facade.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Cagliari, Cagliari, Province of Cagliari, Sardinia
At the end of your experience, you will be returned to your cruise pier in Cagliari with a feeling of satisfaction and serenity. Perhaps you will even have been inspired as D'Annunzio to pen a poem!
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before bring you back to your cruise ship.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Calata Azuni, Cagliari CA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible by another itinerary
- Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants, the vehicles used on the tour may be different from those in the description.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- If the tour starts late or encounters delays, for any reason, we will shorten the tour to return our guest to the cruise port by the scheduled time. There are no critical portions of the tour operated by third parties which could result in the inability to return to port on time.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.