Cahorros Hiking Route
The Monachil river canyon forms one of the most attractive, simple and popular hiking routes in the province of Granada. This gorge, known as Los Cahorros, is also a very popular area for rock climbing fans and ideal for spending a day in the countryside due to its proximity to the capital.
The area of Los Cachorros is a mid-mountain area of limestone, younger than the siliceous of the high peaks, which gives rise to more abrupt but highly erodible formations. The 'V' valley of the Monachil river, due to its scarcity of soil, human action and altitude, gives rise to a vegetation of shrubs that coexists with riverbank plants, such as willows, poplars, reeds and the spartal. This determines the fauna, rich in insectivorous and granivorous birds, amphibians and mammals such as wild boar and wild goat populations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Lunch - Typical food for sale
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Los Cahorros, Monachil, Sierra Nevada National Park Spain
We moved from the city of Granada to the municipality of Monachil. After a brief introductory talk from our guide about the route, directions, breaks to make, etc. we start our trekking day. The Monachil river canyon forms one of the most attractive, simple and popular hiking routes in the province of Granada. The Monachil river canyon forms one of the most attractive, simple and popular hiking routes in the province of Granada. This gorge is also a very popular area for climbing fans and ideal for spending a day in the countryside due to its proximity to the capital.
We will pass through the eras of the renegrales and portichuelos, suspension bridge, cave of the pigeons, bridge of the central of the fertile plain, way of the ditch and others more of a spectacular beauty. At the end of the day we will eat in a typical sale of the area, with its spectacular menu of the mountains. After lunch we will return to the city of Granada.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Plaza de la Caleta, Granada, Spain
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.