Cai Be and Mekong Day Trip from Ho Chi Minh City
Visit the Cai Be region of the Mekong Delta on this day trip from Ho Chi Minh City. You'll take a boat cruise along the Bassac River via Cai Be Floating Market, visit a local church, see a rice paper farm, and check out a coconut candy mill. Walk through fruit gardens, taste regional delicacies, and take a ride on a sampan (a wooden boat) through canals, plus go biking in countryside. Lunch is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Activities as mentioned in itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Cai Be Floating Market
What's excluded :
- After hotel pickup, your tour from Ho Chi Minh City starts with a drive along the highway to Cai Be, about 50 miles (85 km) from the city.
The Cai Be Floating Market is one of the top cultural features of the Mekong Delta. You can find anything here from fabrics to poultry and seafood to beverages, but the most popular commodity is tropical fruits. The Mekong countryside is a vast farmland for coconut, jackfruit, durian, rambutan, pomelo, pineapple, star apple, tangerine, and grapefruit, all of which are shipped across the country. Cai Be is also one of the Mekong Delta's main centers of rice production.
From the pier, take a boat trip on the Mekong River to Cuu Long Village, where you will then take a walk through the village to visit local workshops where rice paper is made to supply restaurants with the essential ingredient for spring rolls. Then hop aboard a sampan for another boat ride along the canals. Stop at local homes to enjoy dried fruits, taste honey tea, and watch a Tai Tu music show. Visit a coconut mill where coconut candy, a local specialty, is produced before heading to a restaurant on the island for lunch.
In the afternoon, visit local gardens to discover different types of fruits, and bike along country roads to meet local people. Then drive back to Ho Chi Minh City in the late afternoon to end your tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.