Cajamarca city tour - Private tour
Tour of the main attractions in the city of Cajamarca. Visit the Hill of Santa Apolonia, natural vantage point in the center of the city from where you can appreciate the whole city and the valley of Cajamarca. Here you also find the so called Silla del Inca, which was a pre-Inca ceremonial altar. Then proceed to the Monumental Complex of Belen, with the Church of Nuestra Señora de la Piedad. Then continue to the "Cuarto del Rescate", where the Inca Atahualpa, last king of the Incas, was held prisoner. Then visit the exteriors of the temple of San Francisco, built in 1562 and inhabited by the first Franciscans. Also visit the Plaza de Armas, and the exterior of the Cathedral, built in the seventeenth century, with a facade that is a refined sample of Baroque art, standing out its main altar made completely of gold leafs. After the visit, transfer back to the hotel.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish)
- Pickup and drop-off.
- Touristic transportation
- Admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Iglesia de Belen
- Entry/Admission - Cuarto del Rescate
What's excluded :
- Snacks and beverages
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cerro Santa Apolonia, Cajamarca Peru
The top of Santa Apolonia hill is 500 meters higher than the city.
It highlights, among the steps and gardens, a chapel dedicated to the Virgin of Fatima where the faithful worship him.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Iglesia de Belen, Ubicada Entre Los Jirones Belen y Junin, Cajamarca Peru
Its construction dates from the eighteenth century. In this monumental complex are the church of Belén, the medical museum (which was once the men's hospital), the archaeological-ethnological museum (which was once the women's hospital) and the cemetery.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Armas de Cajamarca, Centro historico de Cajamarca, entre el Jr. Comercio y el Jr. 2 de Mayo, Cajamarca Peru
The Plaza de Armas and the exterior of the Cathedral, built in the seventeenth century, with a facade that is a refined sample of Baroque art, standing out its main altar made completely of gold leafs. The exteriors of the temple of San Francisco was built in 1562 and inhabited by the first Franciscans.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Cuarto del Rescate, Jiron Amalia Puga No 750, Cajamarca Peru
It is called "Fourth of the Rescue" because when the Inca Atahualpa was captured, he promised to fill once with gold and twice with silver and precious stones as far as his hand could reach, in the room that was imprisoned, to obtain his freedom .
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Pick-up from hotels located in Cajamarca downtown.- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If you stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by two adults.
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your pick up.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers whose stay exceeded 60 days in Peru because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.