Cajas National Park Day Tour
Discover the magic of Cajas National Park, one of the most beautiful places in South America, on a full day tour of approximately 8 hours. Explore and learn about the Andean vegetation. In this spectacular place you can enjoy a lake system that has more than 200 lakes of glacial origin. In addition to the beautiful landscape, you can enjoy the presence of beautiful birds, llamas and alpacas.
The park is located 30km west of the city of Cuenca, between 3150 and 4450masl, the surface area of the park is 28544 hectares and the ecosystem known as paramo predominates. Experience the authentic!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Cajas National Park, Cuenca 010219 Ecuador
Be picked up from your accommodation in the morning and drive for approximately 1 hour to Cajas National Park, located 30 km west of Cuenca. During this tour you'll visit two altitude levels within the park. In the middle part (3960 masl), you will walk about 3 hours more or less in the Toreadora area. The trek will give you the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery, including the Polylepis Forest and moor-like Paramo, whilst the guide provides information about the flora and fauna of the area. After lunch at a nearby restaurant, you'll visit Llaviuco (3150masl). Located in the lower part of the park, this area is part of a different ecosystem know as montano primary forest. Here you'll and have a walk around the lake for about 1 1/2 hour.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your hotel or AirBnb's
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 11 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, no refund will be given
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.