Cajas National Park Full Day Visit
Cajas National Park offers us impressive landscapes of cloud forest and Andean moorland. The mysterious silence of its mountains invites us to wander the incredible paths bordering some of its lakes. There are more than 200 lakes and lagoons. During the walk we observe interesting endemic plants as well as birds native to the region. Enjoy contact with nature in this unique place in the Ecuadorian Andes.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Transportation
- Professional Bilingual Tour Guide (English-Spanish)
- Tourism Operating Permit for Cajas Park
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Cajas National Park, Cuenca 010219 Ecuador
Pick-up at the hotel (time to be determined by the participants, preferably no later than 9:00 a.m.).
Transfer from Cuenca to Cajas National Park, directly to the Llaviuco zone in the lower part at 3100 meters above sea level. The path is level and easy to navigate through the woods, taking between 45 minutes and an hour.
Then we continue to the higher region of the Park called Tres Cruces (Three Crosses) at approximately 4160 meters above sea level. There we will have a panoramic view of the Park with time for taking photographs and listening to information from the guide.
After visiting Tres Cruces the group goes by vehicle to Lake Toreadora, where we visit the Interpretation Center. Then we begin a walk of 2 ½ hours from an altitude of 3900 meters above sea level to 3600 meters. The hike crosses the Polylepsis Forest called “San Luis” and then continues toward the Lagunas Unidas (United Lakes), named Totoras and Patoquinuas. When we finish, we will return to Lake Toreadora, or if there are more than three participants the tour will end at the parking area at Patoquinoas.
Lunch at the restaurant in the zone (drinks not included). Return to the city at approximately 3:30 p.m.
At the time of providing information for Cajas National Park tours, it is necessary to discuss the physical condition of the registrant before finalizing the sale. Because the type of tour is PRIVATE, if the participant does not feel well (due to the altitude or physical condition), we will complete the tour with a different visit within the zone. In this way the tourist will have at his disposition a guide to complete the hike according to his own pace and physical condition. Also, if participants request longer hikes that take more time, they can sign up for Trekking Parque Nacional Cajas 6-8 horas Ruta Camino del Inca 1 Dia (Trekking Cajas National Park 6-8 hours Inca Trail 1 day)
Recommendations For Tourists:
Wear comfortable hiking shoes for walking in the moorland, dress in layers with warm, water resistant clothing. Temperatures in Cajas Park are not stable and can vary from 10 to 18 degrees C. (50 to 65 F.) during the day. But it often feels much colder with the wind.
In addition bring sun screen, sun glasses, windbreaker, hat, and rain gear (in case of rain). If participants need rubber boots or rain ponchos, we will provide them if requested in advance. Drinks: bottled water, juices. Cash for personal expenses.
For 1-3 persons we offer bilingual Spanish-English guide/driver service.
**For 4 or more persons we offer Guide and Driver services.
**For 16 persons or more there will be 2 guides as per Cajas Park regulations.
***When the trip is confirmed we need your complete name, passport number, nationality, and age.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Santa Lucia, Planta Baja, Calle:Presidente Borrero, Exterior: 8-44, Cuenca 010101, Ecuador
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.