Calderao verde Walk begins at the Queimadas Forestry Park and winds along the walkway of the levada of Caldeirão Verde in the municipality of Santana.
Walking through the 4 tunnels on the route, Caldeirão Verde appears on the left of the levada and one has only to climb a few metres along the stream bed to reach it.
The Caldeirão Verde lake is formed by water that falls from the bed of the Caldeirão Verde stream bed from a height of approximately 100m.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- The name of this levada walk says everything. Caldeirão Verde (green caldron). This Madeira Levada walk takes place at the highest area of Santana and starts in the natural tropical emerald green rain forest of Queimadas.
This levada is used for agricultural purposes, but it is also an important means of reaching the interior of the deep valley of the São Jorge brook on foot, offering the traveler a vertiginous and spectacular view of the mountainous terrain of the interior of the island and the opportunity to walk through tunnels carved by hand out of the rock.
The Caldeirao Verde Walk , you can Enjoying the picturesque views over villages through a winding levada and several short tunnels, we arrive at Caldeirão Verde. A majestic waterfall truly unforgettable.
Unforgettable walk in laurel forest.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from All accommodation in Funchal, Canico, or Machico that are not on the list.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.