Calico Ghost Town Tour from Los Angeles
Kids and adults will have fun time to explore Old Western Ghost Town, learn about history of silver mining and enjoy exciting attractions: old silver Maggie Mine, Mystery Shack, Gold Panning Adventure, and have a ride at old Odessa Rail Road.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Calico Ghost Town
What's excluded :
- Optional activities fees might include: $2-$4 per person
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Calico Ghost Town, 36600 Ghost Town Rd, Yermo, CA 92398-0406
Calico Ghost old west mining town located in a High Desert area of San Bernardino county that has been around since 1881 during the largest silver strike in California. With its 500 mines, Calico produced over $20 million in silver ore over a 12-year span. When silver lost its value in the mid 1890's Calico lost its population. The miners packed up, loaded their mules and moved away abandoning the town that once gave them a good living. It became a "ghost" town.
Walter Knott purchased Calico in the 1950's architecturally restoring all but the 5 original building to look at as they did in the 1880's. Calico received State historical Landmark 782 and in 2005 was proclaimed by then Arnold Schwarzenegger to be California's Silver Rush Ghost Town. Numerous Western movies were filmed over the years at Calico Ghost Town: Cowboy Chinamen, Five Grand, The Hitcher, the Prowler, Ghost Ship and others.
Guests will have about three hours to stroll a historical western town, visit old silver mine, ride in old rail car, do gold panning, and perhaps experience some paranormal activity in Mystery Shack. Have a wonderful lunch at one of the old Western Calico House Tavern (lunch is not included).
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at any residential address within the city of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Burbank, Universal City, Anaheim, Long beach LAX airport, Cruise terminals and will drop you off at the designated hotel or address Airports
- Los Angeles Intl Airport, 1 World Way, Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Long Beach Municipal Airport, 4100 Donald Douglas Drive, Long Beach, CA 90808
- Bob Hope Airport, 2627 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505
- Los Angeles World Cruise Center, 100 Swinford St, San Pedro, CA 90731, USA
- Carnival cruise port, 231 Windsor Way, Long Beach, CA 90802, USA
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/15/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.