Calypso's Tortuga Island Day Trip from San Jose
Get to know what makes Calypso’s world famous cruise to the beautiful white sand and turquoise water of Tortuga Island so popular. After a delicious hot breakfast served in Calypso’s restaurant El Shrimp Shack you will step aboard the catamaran Manta Raya.
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Calypso's private dock
- Unlimited natural drinks
- Professional bilingual guide
- Gourmet lunch
- Live entertainment
- Snorkeling Excursion
- Banana Boat Ride
- 5 hours at Tortuga Island guaranteed
- Private bathrooms exclusive for our clients
- Comfortable hammocks
- Fresh water shower
- Gulf Islands Tour and Sunset Tour
- Entry/Admission - Tortuga Island
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- For your safety the use of footwear with leather soles and heels is forbidden
- Coolers are not allowed
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tortuga Island, Puntarenas 00000 Costa Rica
Calypso Cruises originated the One Day Tour to Tortuga Island Costa Rica from San Jose and Jaco more than 40 years ago and since then has escorted nearly 1 million happy tourists on the original Yacht Calypso and now on the Yacht Catamaran Manta Raya. This is the only tour to Tortuga Island that includes two hot meals and has a CST - Certification of Sustainable Tourism (no single use plastic cups, plates, tableware, straws or plastic bottles). Calypso’s award winning “All Inclusive Tour" is known for consistent quality, personal service and excellent food (featured in Gourmet Magazine) served on a white sand beach in casual elegance.
For these reasons Calypso’s "Tortuga Island Cruise" remains the most popular one day tour in Costa Rica and sets the standards that others aspire to copy.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Province of Puntarenas
You will arrive to the province of Puntarenas, where the guide will show many of the historical buildings and places in town.
There you will meet the Calypso's Catamaran Manta Raya in his privet dock, one of the oldest and traditional buildings in Puntarenas, a 100 years old Casa Calypso, house of the international famous restaurant El Shrimp Shack.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Nicoya, Nicoya, Province of Guanacaste
In the afternoon, after Calypso’s guaranteed 5 hours at Tortuga Island, your Captain will take you to see many of the protected islands in the Gulf of Nicoya: Cedros Island, Jesusita Island, the bird sanctuary of Guayabo Island, Sugarloaf Island, Gypsy Island and the now closed maximum security prison of San Lucas Island for a Snset Tour unique to Calypso Cruises, on the return trip to Puntarenas and Casa Calypso.
Departure Point :Calypso Cruises, Calle 78, Avenida 1, 100 metros al Norte de Antojitos, Rhormoser, Nunciatura, San José, 10109, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide your pick up preference in the comments field: • Real Intercontinetal 6:00 a.m.• Aurola Holiday Inn 6:15 a.m.• Courtyard Marriott Alajuela 6:40 a.m.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/1/2020 - 6/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 05:30 AM - 06:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.