Camel Trekking Excursion Overnight Desert Camp Merzouga Desert Erg Chebbi Dunes
A trip to the desert in Morocco is not complete without a camel trek in the dunes. For those who are fascinated by the caravans which crossed the African deserts between mythical cities transporting wanted products like salt, this is the opportunity to feel like a nomad for one night.
Experience Morocco with a camel trek through the dunes of Erg Chebbi Desert on this overnight trip through the Sahara. Try sand-boarding and drumming, then enjoy traditional tagine and sweet mint tea before camping under the stars in a Berber tent.
This is a tour created for any quantity up to 50 people.
per adult from
15 to 20 hours
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All activities
- Local Camel guide
- Private tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private Tent
- Sunset & Sunrise
- Camel each Person
- Entry/Admission - Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Entry/Admission - Merzouga Desert
- Entry/Admission - Erg Chebbi
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Tips for your Camel Guides
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Erg Chebbi Dunes, Morocco
Hospitable and friendly nomads, who are experienced guides, will accompany you on the whole trip. They know the desert well and will share traditions and culture from the nomadic life style.
We will prepare all the necessary equipment, like tents, cooking equipment, food and drinks etc. During the days you will walk and ride on camels. In the afternoons, before the sun sets, you find a suitable place to set up a provisional camp for the night. The nomads set up the tents and cook dinner and tea on the camp fire. After dinner they play the traditional drums and sing and you are welcome to sing along. Sleep in a tent or outside under the stars.
In the mornings the nomads prepare breakfast, before you continue the trekking into the desert.
This is a unique opportunity to experience the desert silence, the freedom and be surrounded by amazing nature with spectacular sunsets and starlit nights.
Duration: 15 hours
Pass By: Moroccan Sahara, Ouarzazate Morocco
Camel trekking in merzouga desert
Pass By: Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou, Douar Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou 45000 Morocco
Camel trekking in sahara desert Merzouga
Pass By: The Lake of Merzouga, Merzouga Morocco
Camel trekking to the Desert
Stop At: Merzouga Desert, Merzouga Morocco
Spend night in Merzouga Desert
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Erg Chebbi, Rachid Aalla, Hassi Labied Riad Auberge Aiour, Merzouga 52202, Morocco
Merzouga Desert named Erg Chebbi
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :1: Unnamed Road, Hassilabied, Morocco
2: R702, Hassilabied, Morocco
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.