Camera Obscura & World of Illusions Entrance Ticket
Step into a world where real-life collides with technological trickery. Here, impossible doesn’t exist.
With five floors and over 100 interactive, hands-on exhibits, we have something to entertain all ages. Tour Edinburgh’s streets without moving. Pitch your brain against mind-bending illusions. It’s all part of the Camera Obscura & World of Illusions experience.
Situated just a stone’s throw from Edinburgh Castle, at the top of Edinburgh’s historic Royal Mile, come and discover the city’s first ever purpose built visitor attraction and see history and modern marvels together under one roof.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Admission Fee
- Entry/Admission - Camera Obscura and World of Illusions
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Camera Obscura and World of Illusions, Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2ND Scotland
World of Illusions:
As you weave your way through our World of Illusions, remember one important rule: nothing here is what it seems.
Venture into five floors full of things you’ve probably never seen before. A swirling light vortex that can sweep you off your feet. A maze made of mirrors. A chance to swap noses with a friend. It’s all here.
Camera Obscura show:
At this time we have taken the decision to postpone all demonstrations of the Camera Obscura. We’re working quickly on how to make the Camera Obscura show safe with social distancing in place and a new ventilation system.
Departure Point :Camera Obscura and World of Illusions, Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2ND Scotland
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible - this attraction is within a six-story building which is listed and therefore cannot have a lift installed.
- Children under the age of 5 go free
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Party sizes / groups of over 9 visitors may have to wait to gain entry or be asked to return at a quieter time. If you are a group of 9 or more, please contact directly to book.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Booking a timed admission slot online is preferred. A one way route throughout the attraction will be in place.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.