Camera Obscura Admission Ticket
Discover the city from its latest lookout point, which is not only unique in itself but also offers an extraordinary attraction: the Camera Obscura. Experience the principle law of optics, which created the basics of photography and was already used by Leonardo Da Vinci.
We offer the access to a Camera Obscura and the possibility to have a breathtaking view over the roofs of this charming city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Camera Obscura
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit: Camera Obscura, Calcada da Galeria, 12 Torre de Tavira, Tavira 8800-306 Portugal
The Tower of Tavira offers a splendid and tremendous view over the whole city. It is like a 360 degree voyage above the cultural and historical heritage of Tavira. Up to 15 people can attend each session, which is accompanied by a guide who describes and explains the monuments, the culture and the history of this wonderful city. You will discover the city in a very different way: 100 feet above sea level from the inside of the former water tower.
Inside the Camera Obscura you will look at the city in real time; you will have a lively panoramic view over the whole city and its surroundings. Each session lasts approximately 20 minutes. You will find the times scheduled at the reception desk. We would like to remind you to save your ticket and hand it to the tour guide.
The old water tower was built and opened in 1931 to supply water to the whole city. Although it has not been used for a long time, it has always been a charismatic and extraordinary construction.
With a pioneer project it has now been renovated and converted into a point of cultural interest and a unique tourist attraction: the Tower of Tavira with the installation of the first Camera Obscura in the Algarve.
Departure Point :Camera Obscura, Calcada da Galeria, 12 Torre de Tavira, Tavira 8800-306 Portugal
Departure Time :2/2/2020 - 10/31/2020
2/2/2021 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- COVID-19 - Visitors must comply with the Health and Safety recommendations: Use of Masks or visors. Social distancing. Use of hand sanitizer.
- Each session lasts approximately 20 min. If you have just missed a session, the maximum waiting time until the next session starts is approximately 30 min.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled or closed due to poor weather you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Maximum per visit: 10 visitors
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (height restriction).
- Not suitable for babies.
- Not wheelchair accessible, at the moment, due to Covid-19
- Not suitable for visitors suffering from vertigo / fear of heights.
- We rely on visitors acting responsibly and complying with all health and security recommendations. Thank you for your cooperation.
- We want to ensure that your visit is pleasant but safe! Please accept all safety and hygiene recommendations.
- Our employees are available to help you. Collaborate with us and BE A PUBLIC HEALTH AGENT!
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We want to ensure that your visit is pleasant but safe! Please accept all Health and Safety guidelines on how to protect yourself and others from coronavirus (COVID-19). Our employees are available to help you. Collaborate with us and BE A PUBLIC HEALTH AGENT! Thank you.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.