CAÍN 02- Caín / Poncebos / Caín
The Ruta del Cares is one of the best-known hiking trails in the Picos de Europa, located between the province of León and the Principality of Asturias, in Spain. Its beginning is located in Caín where the dam for the canalization of the Cares River is and therefore the beginning of the canal and the path as an old way of maintaining it. It runs through the Cares River gorge, between the Leonese town of Caín and Puente Poncebos in Asturias. In the past, the route as a maintenance channel, was the only communication between both towns during the winter snowfall.
per adult from
What's included :
- Titled Guide Service
- RC and accident insurance compulsory
- Interpreted route and gift of documentation with information on the route.
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Does not include any type of food, water, etc.
- Private transportation
Guided hike with interpretation of the environment and history by a local guide who is very knowledgeable about the trail, with a basic level and a duration of 6/8 hours approx. Round trip with departure and return in Cain, covering the entire route of about 22 kilometers in total to Poncebos and return to Cain.
• La Ruta del Cares, Poncebos, Cabrales Municipality Spain
Departure Point :Espeleo-Aventura, Travesia del Cares, 15, 24915 Caín de Valdeón, León, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.