Can Tho 1 Day Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
It would be a miss if visiting Mekong Delta without a stop at Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho City, an originally spontaneous market, which is one of the most famous and biggest floating markets in the Mekong Delta and absolutely diﬀerent from other ﬂoating markets in Thailand. From the early morning, a countless number of boats and sampans will gather here, making the whole area more lively and stunning than ever.The very first impression the tour makes on everyone is the extremely lively and crowded trading atmosphere of Cai Rang Floating Market.
After that, we’ll head to Cai Be for joining a local cooking class, biking around peaceful village paths, enjoying the melody of South Vietnam folk music, and then relaxing on a rowing sampan through a mangrove palm canals to feel the real Mekong atmosphere.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and drop-off service in the center of Saigon.
- English-speaking guide.
- Vehicles (new private AC car, private boat and rowing boat trips in Mekong Delta, * bicycle - for the biking)
- Lunch meal and tropical fruits are mentioned.
- Bottle drink / local tea.
What's excluded :
- Other meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Tips and personal expenses
- • 05:00 am, VN Bike Tour guide will pick you up at your hotel. We will have a light breakfast on private car. On the way to Mekong Delta, you can also spread out of sight watching endless green or yellow paddy rice field on the both sides of street. Otherwise, taking a nap during the time of transferring is a good thing to do to get more energy back and enjoy the whole tour as well.
• After about 3-hour driving from Saigon through the express highway, we reach Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho City.
• Then, we take a private boat to visit Cai Rang Floating Market, one of the most famous and biggest floating markets in the Mekong Delta. From the early morning, a countless number of boats and sampans will gather here, making the whole area more lively and stunning than ever. While the large boats are full of agricultural products and specialties, small ones mainly focus on selling foods, coffee, light snacks, Vietnamese noodles, soft drinks, etc. for breakfast. It would be regretful if you could not drop by and purchase something here.
• After that, our guide takes you to some traditional workshops. You have great time learning how locals make “Hu Tieu”. The talented chef – Gordon Ramsay, once exclaimed that the bowl of noodles he ate at Cai Rang Floating Market has one of the best broths he has ever tasted.
• 11:00 am, leaving Can Tho City, we head to Cai Be (Tien Giang Province) for cooking class.
• Joining a cooking class, you not only have another view of cooking style in the South in particular and generally Vietnam and learn how the locals prepare all stuffs of traditional meal but also feel clearly the tranquility, simplicity and rusticity in daily lives of Mekong people; moreover, probably you will find out the different local taste even in Vietnam. To let you know, the Northern people prefer salty taste, while people in the Central of Vietnam are more into spicy dishes, yet Southern cuisine is absolutely sweeter than other rest.
• As soon as enjoying the tasty lunch which is cooked by you, then it is the perfect time to chill out on comfortable hammocks under the shadow of tropical fruit trees for recharging your energy.
• You will never forget the precious moments when biking through car-free village roads with tropical fruits and bonsai gardens on the both side, as well as visiting some handicraft workshops nearby to feel more about the real Mekong atmosphere.
• Next, we relax on a rowing boat and go through the mangrove palm canal to feel the real peaceful atmosphere of Mekong Delta. Beside that is the time of enjoying the melody of South Vietnam folk music.
• 03:30 pm, we come back to Saigon and finish the Cai Rang Floating Market in Can Tho 1 Day.
Departure Point :Pick-up at your hotel in center of Ho Chi Minh City.
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Drop-off at your hotel in center of Ho Chi Minh City.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please kindly let us know if you have any food allergies or special requests.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.