Canoe Trip in Lapland
Canoeing is the perfect and most relaxing way to discover Lapland in summer while respecting its untouched nature. Finland, also known as the Land of a Thousand Lakes, is indeed covered by more than 188 000 lakes. A significant amount of them is located in Lapland and offer, with the fells and forests, beautiful harmonious landscapes. The lakes and rivers are also home of many birds and little mammals, such as geese, swans, longspurs, cranes, otters,... If you are lucky enough, you may easily spot many of them!
All our groups are limited to 8 travelers maximum. It is very important for us to provide you with the best experience as possible, and avoid mass tourism. This way, your guide also will know you better.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Canoes, paddles, life-jackets
- Qualified canoeing guide
- Safety instructions and basic canoeing lessons
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
During this activity, your qualified canoe guide will take you away from Rovaniemi, on a peaceful lake or a river. They will teach you the basic techniques on how to canoe and will provide you with all the safety instructions needed. You will be explained how to use the paddles, how to move on water and steer your canoe, how to react if capsizing, etc.
Your guide will always keep an eye on you, and will come to your aid if you are in need of help.
While paddling, you will feel the peacefulness of the nature surrounding you and enjoy a complete different perspective of Lapland!
Once back ashore, you will be welcomed by an open fire and some typical Finnish snack. This is a good moment for your guide to show you how to build and lit a fire (without matches or lighter!) using a flint & steel. They will also explain you more about Lapland, life in the Arctic, and nature. Every moment of this tour is a great opportunity for those of you who are photography enthusiasts, so do not forget to bring your camera along (but be careful with water!).
The tour lasts 3 hours, including transportation, canoeing and safety instructions, paddling time and the snack around the fire.
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel between 5 and 30 minutes prior to departure. Your exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email at least one day prior to the activity. If you stay in hotels or resorts, please wait at the reception. If you stay in a private accommodation (ex: Airbnb), please wait outside on the street side so your guide can easily find you.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.