Canoeing under the Midnight Sun
Paddle on the peaceful waters of Lapland and enjoy the beauty of the midnight sun! This guided activity will offer you a unique summer arctic experience that you will long remember !
The pure and untouched landscapes of Lapland are highlighted by fantastic natural phenomenon all year round. In summer, the sun never sets and shines all day and all night : this is the Midnight Sun. To enjoy the peaceful beauty of this natural phenomenon, there is no better way than paddling on some of the many lakes and rivers of Lapland and feel the peacefulness of nature.
In all our excursions, our groups are limited to 8 travelers maximum. It it very important for us to provide you with the best experience as possible, and avoid mass tourism. This way, your guide will know you better and will be able to address all your needs and answer your questions. As we usually say : the smaller the group, the bigger the experience !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Canoes, paddles, life-jackets
- Qualified canoeing guide
- Safety instructions and basic canoeing lessons
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
During this activity, your qualified canoe guide will teach you the basic techniques on how to canoe and will provide you with all the safety instructions needed. You will be explained how to use the paddles, how to move on water and steer your canoe, how to react if capsizing, etc. Your guide will always keep an eye on you, and will come to your aid if you are in need of help.
While paddling, you will feel the peacefulness of the nature surrounding you with the warm rays of the sun shining in the middle of the night. Steering your canoe across the lake/river, you will not just enjoy to get deeper into this summer harmony but also feel completely part of it.
Once you are getting back ashore, you will be welcomed by an open fire and some typical Finnish snack. This is a good moment for your guide to show you how to build and lit a fire (without matches or lighter!) using a flint & steel. They will also explain you more about Lapland, life in the Arctic, and the phenomenon of the Midnight Sun. Every moment of this tour is a great opportunity for those of you who are photography enthusiasts, so do not forget to bring your camera along !
Departure Point :Kansankatu 14, 96100 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will come to pick you up from your hotel between 5 and 30 minutes prior to departure. Your exact pick-up time will be confirmed by email at least one day prior to each activity. If you stay in hotels or resorts, please wait at the reception. If you stay in a private accommodation (ex: Airbnb), please wait outside on the street side so your guide can easily find you.
Departure Time :9:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.