Canopy Walk Adventure and Lake Kivu Tour
• Chimpanzee trekking
• Canopy Walk
• Lake Kivu Tour including Napolean Island Hike and Boat trip
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Meals as per itinerary ( B=Breakfast,L=lunch,D=Dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- National Park fees (canopy walk & Chimpanzee Treeking)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rwanda Travel, Kigali Rwanda
Day 1: Lake Kivu Tour and conopy walk
Early morning with your car or taken by a driver, head to Kibuye (now Karongi Town). You will drive through Gitarama (Muhanga) where you will switch to RN7 strait to Kibuye. After 2 hours enjoying unparalleled Rwandan landscape, either you will check in in your hotel or lodge or begin visiting Karongi.
*Visit Ndaba Rock, learn the history behind this rock. Children earn living to narrating the story of this legendary rock.
*Have your Lunch at hotels on shores of Lake Kivu while observing the calm sea-like water
*Take boat rides visiting Amahoro (peace in English). Amahoro Island has a small restaurant, campsite and you can swim or play volleyball. The next ride will take you to Napoleon Islands. The island features a brigade of fruits bats.
After returning to Kibuye, take your car or be driven back to Nyungwe National Park on much maintained tarmac road till Nyungwe NP hope of Chimpanzee.
Accommodation: Gisakura Guest House.
Day 2: Chimpanzee trekking in Nyungwe forest national park
early morning at about 5.00 am depending on location of your lodge, your driver guide will pick you up and transfer you to the briefing point at the Uwinka visitor’s center in Nyungwe forest before you can start your chimpanzee trekking. The forest is rich in botanical diversity hosting over 200 species of trees and flowering plants and about 300 bird species.
The forest is also home to 13 species of primates including Olive baboons, L’Hoest’s monkeys, Ruwenzori colobus, Vervet monkeys, silver monkey, Grey-cheeked manga-bey, red-tailed monkey etc. You will most likely sight some of these forest inhabitants on your chimpanzee trekking.
After receiving a briefing and depending on the number of people present for the chimp trek you will be divided into two groups. One will track starting at the Uwinka center and another starting at Cyamudongo – which will require your driver guide to transfer you to the starting point. Your range guide will be in communication with the trackers who live early morning to locate where the chimpanzee nested the previous night. You are allowed to stay with the chimps for only 1 hour after locating them, photography is allowed but be reminded that the flash is prohibited.
After you will transferred to Hotel for Lunch or if you have shortage of time you will leave hotel with parked lunch then we will have some rest to make ready return to Kigali via
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: KIGALI Even at Airport or At Your Hotel in KigaliDates: See AvailabilityAirports
- Kigali International Airport, KN 5 Rd, Kigali, Rwanda
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.