Canyoning - Heart Creek Canyon (Beginner level)
Never tried canyoning before? Then this is the trip for you! A relatively easy approach, an ideal location to introduce rappelling, and amazing scenery all make this canyon trip the perfect choice for your first canyoning experience. Heart Creek Canyon is also our closest trip to the townsites of Banff & Canmore. A popular summer day hike destination, few visitors of Heart Creek ever explore the top of lower Heart Canyon or venture to the upper Heart Canyon. Upper Heart Canyon provides a perfect location to learn and develop your comfort with rope rappelling. The introductory short rappels allow you to ease into the rappelling. Rappels progressively increase in length, finally culminating with an exciting 60ft waterfall rappel and slide.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Rappelling Equipment
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Rappelling Instruction/clinic
- Neoprene socks/booties
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Heart Creek Trail Head, 105, New exit from Highway 1 to New Roundabout, Bighorn No. 8, AB T0L, Canada
After meeting your guides and other participants at the staging area in the Heart Creek Trail parking lot, a 30 - 45 min hike will bring you to the top of both the Canyon sections, and the start of your canyon adventure. Everyone suits up and in order to ensure safety your guides will go thru a mandatory rappel and rope safety clinic. There are a total of 5 rappels, interspersed with some scrambling and hiking. The upper canyon is the easier section and can be dry later on in the summer. This gives everyone the opportunity to ease into the rappelling. The last rappel on the lower canyon section is always wet (it can be considered optional it is not required to exit the canyon, a hike around is available).
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Range Road 91A, Range Rd 91A, Bighorn No. 8, AB T0L, Canada
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting time is at 9:00 am at the Heart Creek Trail Parking lot.Hotel and campground pick ups are available from Canmore or Banff. Please arrange pick up location at time of booking.For groups of 5 or larger pick up can also be arranged from Calgary.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.