Cape Moreton Scenic 4WD Day Tour from Brisbane or the Gold Coast
See the World's 3rd largest sand island! Discover the beauty of Moreton Island headlands, freshwater lakes & hidden beaches. Explore the rich history of the indigenous clans & first European settlers of the Island, also enjoy the off-road adventure in an air-conditioned 4WD bus on untamed tracks & beaches.
Fully-guided tour with live commentary by local guide. Enjoy a refreshing Aussie-style picnic lunch on the golden beach (inclusive). Suitable for anyone 4 years and above and people with low fitness levels & medium mobility. Return transfers inclusive.
Please note: An additional cost of AU$50 per Adult / AU$35 per Child (13 years & below) must be paid in cash to the driver on departure to cover the cost of national park and ferry fees for the duration of the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fully Guided Tour
- Live commentary
- Return Bus Transfers
- Entry/Admission - Moreton Island
What's excluded :
- National park and ferry fees AU$50 per adult / AU$35 per child to be paid in cash upon departure
- Additional food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Luggage restrictions apply: each traveller can bring 1 carry-on bag (45 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm max).
- Luggage larger than this may be refused, or could incur a fee of $20 per piece of oversized luggage.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moreton Island, Queensland 4025 Australia
Enjoy a 75-min scenic cruise across Moreton Bay and arrive on Moreton Island. Four wheeling along the Eastern Surf Beach to go visit the beautifully romantic Honeymoon Bay & North Point, then soak in the naturally bubbling Champagne Pools (if tidal conditions allow). See Queensland's oldest lighthouse Cape Moreton Lighthouse and learn the history, culture & makeup of the Island in Cape Moreton Museum. After enjoying a refreshing Aussie-style picnic lunch on the beach, swim in the breathtakingly beautiful Blue Lagoon fresh water lake. Discover abandoned army bunkers & cannon replacements in the sand dunes, remnants of the defence of Brisbane city against invading armies. Tour ends with return to your starting point in Brisbane or Gold Coast in the evening.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :1: Brisbane Coach Terminal, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
2: Moreton Island Adventures, 14 Howard Smith Dr, Port of Brisbane QLD 4178, Australia
3: Mantra on View Surfers Paradise, 22 View Ave, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note National park and ferry fees A$50 per adult/ A$35 per child 13 years & under must be paid in cash to the driver upon departure.
- Minimum age allowed - 4 years old; All children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult.
- Please bring your own towel, swimwear, sunscreen, hat & camera.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.