Cape Sounio, Temple of Poseidon and Athenian riviera private tour from Athens
The lacy coastal road that begins in the Athenian suburb of Glyfada and winds its way through Vouliagmeni and Lagonisi to reach Cape Sounio is one of Attica’s most sublime routes. Small beaches with their sandy shores or rocky stretches, crystal-clear sparkling water and a perfectly blue sky accompany you along the way and delight the senses, mind and soul of anyone taking this gorgeous route to get to one of Greece’s most idyllic spots, Cape Sounio.
From a distance, your gaze is captivated by the ruins of the temple of Poseidon, commanding, stunning, a characteristic example of classical architecture of the 5th century BC. This is the spot that the ancient Athenians chose to honor their god Poseidon, within a fortress constructed to protect their coastline.
Millions of visitors from around the globe also come here to gaze upon the sun setting into the arms of the Saronic Gulf. A memory that stays with them for a lifetime...
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- WiFi on board
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Official tour guide (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Sounion
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Sounion, EO91, Lavreotiki 195 00, Greece
Free time for a walk
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Poseidon, Cape Sounio, Sounio 195 00 Greece
An example of classical architecture of the 5th century B.C.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lake Vouliagmeni, Ethniki Odos Athinon Souniou, Vouliagmeni 166 71 Greece
During our return to the city of Athens, we will stop at one of the most idyllic places. Vouliagmeni Lake, in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, is the hidden treasure of Attica's nature.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Athens city centerAthens apartmentsAthens hotelsAthens airportAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port, Pireas 185 38, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We offer you the flexibility to schedule your tour at a date and time when it's most convenient for you!
- Should you wish an alternative pick up time, please specify upon reconfirmation or through the Special Requirements field.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Our drivers are not official tour guides, but they are knowledgeable and can provide fascinating commentary in fluent English. Although they will not enter the archaeological sites with you, they can answer all of your questions about the places you visit with this tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.